stolen Datsun 620 alert!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So I got my truck back, minus the wheels, grille, badges, battery, steering wheel damaged.  It's been sitting in an insurance lot for a week now.  I'm trying to put stuff back together, but wheels will be the first thing.  It is a 74 with the fronts converted to discs.  I tried some stock 620 wheels with a 1/4 spacers on the fronts and they still hit the caliper.  Will 720 wheels work?  I need to find 4 boring truck tires to drive around with till the insurance comes through and I can buy something better.  What generic model truck wheels might fit?

Brett

Obviously the "Club" is a joke to a serious car thief, they just ended up mangling my steering wheel.  The glass, door locks and ignition seem intact, so they must have had a ground down key or something to start it.  I thought I was safe in my employee parking lot, but not so.  Never thought of a kill switch....I suppose I could pop the rotor out of the distributor each time I park, but what a hassle and they'll still steal the goodies off the outside of the truck.

Brett

• Sad 1