Blower disconnected

ckm319

So in my restoration of my 84 4x4 I've noticed my blower is disconnected from the AC box, foam is long rotted away. Anyone using anything special for this or just the home depot stuff?

Also what is a good free image hosting to use for posting pics? I'd like to show it to you guys. 

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, because I JUST did this a few hours ago. I had to clean some leaves out of my blower (truck has been sitting outside and small leaves got in the fresh air vent). When I was in college I had used duct tape to seal it the gap that you're describing up, so while I had the blower out I figured I should fix the problem. I went to Walmart and picked up some foam weatherstriping, used some Goo-Gone and a plastic scraper to get the old adhesive off, and put the new stuff on the fresh air side, as well as the hole in between the blower and the air conditioner. The foam in the link is thick enough to seal everything up. The only thing I'd advise is to be careful around the electrics when cleaning the blower, and make sure you don't knick any wires when you remove it. There's a little plastic tab on the blower that rests on top of the AC unit, so when you put it back together try and get that on top so that it doesn't sag as much. 

Went for a test drive tonight and the blower actually puts out a decent amount of air at max speed. and the heat is hotter as a result. I didn't take any pictures, but only two bolts hold the blower in. Make sure to remove all the connections and the intake cable before removing the bolts. 

MsGdTc8.jpg

As for posting images on here, I did a write up of that here.

Edited by MaxChlan
  • Like 1