Jeco Dash clock

LS_Wagon

Hi Guys,

I have some old Jeco dash clocks (Battery powered) and cannot find much info on them. I have seen 2 of them on Instagram and 1 on the web. Does anyone know what model cars these were intended for? Any idea what they should sell for? I found a 1968 catalog for LRE that has them listed. The one in the catalog is probably a rebrand. The 2 clocks I have save Jeco and Japan on the face along with Japan on the bottom.

Datsun Jeco Dash Clock

LRE Jeco dash clock

Edited by LS_Wagon
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, vicdat said:

Was that ad from an old JC Whitney Catalog???

Vicdat

Hi Vicdat,

This is the March 1968 Spring Catalog from Lafayette Radio Electronics. Both clocks came in LRE packaging. Funny that the paperwork they have includes a warranty card stating a 90 day warranty. 52 years later and the one I have in my 510 Wagon fired right up for the first time and sounds great!

Luis.

They designed them for aftermarket use on the Datsun 410/411, Jeco and Citizen made the factory installed clocks, the instructions show a artists interpretation of a 410/411 dash when installing.  Pic snagged from "swedishcadillac" 
image-zps1e2aecf9.jpg

Edited by reza

I use an ordinary black plastic travel alarm clock with 2 sheet metal straps / hooks under the ash tray.  It uses an AA battery and lasts much more than a year.  Same size as the factory clock for the 411 and looks nearly original when in place.  Also retains the alarm function if you are napping in a truck stop on a long trip.

• Like 1