Sign in to follow this  
TheMrFlippers

Driver Door Jamb Switch

Quick question, the driver side switch has 3 wires going to it. Mine disintegrated yesterday, and all replacements (including oem) only show 1 wire connections. I’m assuming one of the three wires goes to the lamp timer, which I’d like to keep. Can these be spliced together and hooked to the 1 wire switch, since I’m assuming they just ground the connection?

According to my 1985 service manual, the Interior Lamp is RB (Red/Blue) colored wire and is separate from the Door Chime, the Interior Lamp is grounded at the door switch. The Door Chime has BG (Blue/Green) colored wire from the Chime and B (Black) colored wire that goes to body ground. They need to be separate.

That’s a bummer, but I suppose if I had to get a 1 wire then I’d just wire it to the light. Finding one in good condition is near impossible.

On 11/13/2019 at 10:34 AM, TheMrFlippers said:

Quick question, the driver side switch has 3 wires going to it. Mine disintegrated yesterday, and all replacements (including oem) only show 1 wire connections. I’m assuming one of the three wires goes to the lamp timer, which I’d like to keep. Can these be spliced together and hooked to the 1 wire switch, since I’m assuming they just ground the connection?

Any chance they look like this.... ?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fp%2F19006348878

According to the parts diagrams, only one part was made.  Looking at my truck, take the switch over to the other side, and turn it upside down and it will fit.

Sorry for delayed response, the main issue is the differences in the wiring. The SMP would fit perfectly except it's only a 1 wire, the one posted for the D22 would not, as the wires are all individual and not pinned in a plug.

• Like 1