1982 Datsun 210 SL wagon -RESTORATION-

gdat210

75362182-2570128856355455-84817872124075

75107739-2570128436355497-83935564208002

Picked this up this weekend. My new project. Planning a full restoration/preservation with some modification to improve performance. Right now the biggest issues are the leaky rear diff (drove it 300 miles home stopping every 75 miles to refill the diff) and a burned exhaust valve on the #1 cylinder. It also has some rust issues around the sunroof. Other than the burned valve, it runs great and the trans shifts as if it were new. I am excited to tear into this one, as it is a great candidate for a restoration. I have a 210 SL Hatchback that will be donating its rear diff to the cause, as well as any other odds and ends it may provide to button up this wagon. After doing some research, I've come to the conclusion that a N/A A15 will not comfortably provide the streetable power that I am looking for (120-150HP) at reasonable RPM's. I am exploring the possibility of a EFI turbo build on the motor that is in the hatchback, and dropping it into this wagon once complete. I will be looking for better flowing head & intake for the build. If anyone is in need of parts for a 1981 210 SL Hatchback let me know! I may be able to help you out!

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ]2eDeYe said:

Welcome, nice looking goon. Look forward to seeing progress. 

thanks, My dad has a youtube channel that will be covering a large portion of the work done to the car. I will be sure to link some videos once they're posted.

• Like 1