Cardinal Grammeter

620 Rear Axle Bump Stops

I used Energy 6094, and some large diameter washers.

Been on the truck for over 10 years without issue.

DSC09293.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the pics!

Those 6094's:  are they as tall as the OE ones?  Are you running tailpipes - I don't want to give up "tailpipe routing space."

NOTE:  I like your "half washer" "jacks" to keep the clamping washers from tilting!  

Something's wrong if the snubber is in the way of a tailpipe. Stock routing is just inside the left frame rail and exits out the back.

No, the bumper does not interfere with the tailpipe.  

TAILPIPE MUST CLEAR AXLE TUBE:   The tailpipe must go over the axle tube.  The bumper height determines the min space above the axle tube for tailpipe routing.  The stock bumper is very tall - using a shorter one would reduce this space for the tailpipe.  NOTE:  What's worse for me is that one bumper came off the base plate and I think I left it out intending to replace it.  I hauled 1000# of dirt and I think I (I hope) I only pulled the tailpipe out of the muffler.

NOTE ON RUST OUT:  The stock bumper has a base plate that lays on the bottom surface of the frame.  This can cause the frame to rot out - I had a lot of rust scale on mine but the frame was intact.  When I replaced it, there was now a gap due to missing metal - the scale bends the remaining metal away too.  So I totally filled the gap with the grease-like amber rust proofing (KendCoat 60 or Chevron Marine Rust Proof Compound L - NOTE:  Chevron quit selling L in the USA, but Michigan Petroleum Technologies formulated  PetroTech Rust Proof Compound L for customers that needed the Chevron.)

• Like 1

I run 2-1/2" pipe all the way to the back, and I think they may be about the same height as originals, if not a little taller, they were installed a long time ago, and I forget what the originals were like....

But Urethane cuts easily.

• Like 1