Transplanting 510 IRS?

Leafspringer

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must salute you for accomplishing the transplant! Please describe how the ride and handling changed - did you use a 510 irs? As far as posting photos, I was able to do it by using the advice from Datzenmike farther up this chain. Or if you can send me a couple directly that would be much appreciated too. Thanks much 160J SSS!

Nice 200SX!  Do you know Greg Wold in Minneapolis?  He vintage races a Mini Cooper & a 510...........he has a spare 510 vintage race car for sale if you are at all interested, but he sometimes finds a street car to flip!  Crap, he was JUST here in Denver a couple days ago, driving back home to MN.......I have some 200SX parts, mostly trim, I would have given to you!  His daughter lives here, we always get together for a beer when he visits!  Keep in touch, I'm happy to pass the parts along if he DRIVES to & from again!

TJ

Denver CO

I don’t know Greg, but I have seen the Ad for the 510, in suburban Maple Grove, I believe. I would be very interested in your 200sx parts, either to purchase or we can swap for some 510 parts I have. I need an outside mirror, the lower front valance panel and a couple interior parts. Please send me a message with what you have. Thanks for reaching out, and for your comments on my car!

• 3 months later...

Hey leafspringer!  Well, as we all know, travel was stonewalled by this CV19 crap, so I haven't made the road trip to Minneapolis & Greg hasn't come to Denver to visit his daughter!  I still have some of the 200SX parts, but they are yours for FREE next road trip by either one of us!  Don't have what you are asking for, just some trim parts I pulled that I thought would sell.............they didn't cuz rare cars!

TJ

...........also, a local buddy bought a 1971 510 Wagon.............they all had a live rear axle like your 200SX.  He bought a complete 510 Sedan IRS set up from me & the rear floor section that it bolts to.  During this "plannedemic", he knocked out the swap!  Basically, he cut out the Wagon rear floor & cut n fit the Sedan rear floor section into the Wagon.  That sucka can be slammed low!!  Lots of fab work & welding involved!  Not on the road yet, but the major part of that swap is done!

Hi TJ,

Congratulations on you guys doing the suspension swap - that’s quite an undertaking, but will make for a unique wagon!

I really appreciate the update - please let me know what 200sx trim parts you have. My number one need is for a front lower valence panel. I also have put big projects on hold for the duration of the pandemic. But I do have a line on a complete 510 independent rear suspension, already converted to coil overs, for $50.

Again if you can let me know what you have that would be great. Thanks again for reaching out!

Leafspringer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

4everdatsun unfortunately no.  Do you need the outer rubber strip that wipes the door glass?  If so, it is VERY LIKELY the same rubber strip cross section as a 70's Z car.  The Z car rubber strip is long, so buy those & trim to fit your car.........??  If you are looking for a big thick C channel rubber seal for maybe the side 1/4 window (??), you will likely have to make it from another Datsun seal that is still available.

On 6/27/2020 at 11:45 PM, 4EverDatsun said:

Yenpit,

Do you have any window rubber for passenger side of a 81 200sx coupe?

Thank you,

4EverDatsun

check datsport in Australia. If it's a similar channel like yenpit said, they sell great aftermarket rubber. Check to see if its similar to a 510, 1200, Z. All have rubber available from aftermarket suppliers.