Engine size questions revisited

Good day,

It seems my Googlefu is weak. I have been reading and searching for actual engine sizes. Engine dimensions (length x width x  height) length=length at longest point, width=width at widest point,  height=height at tallest point.

So far, I have only found this information for the Datsun Rodster engine, the R16. The R16 is listed as 635mm x 650mm x 623mm, or roughly 25in x 25in x 25in. Also, it is listed as 341 lbs.

I am seeking length x width x height and weight information for the L16 or L18 (As I understand, the information for the L16 and L18 are very similar) and L20B

Thank you

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be easier to say what your plans are. If it's simply putting an L20B into a 510 then the answer is the L20B is the same as the L16 but 3/4" taller and about 20 pounds more in weight. Tis might be a better approach than listing every 4 cylinder dimensions.

I want to put an L engine in my Suzuki LJ20. Datsun A15 engines have been transplanted successfully. I realize the L series engines are larger, but by how much? My assumption is that it should fit, height being most likely to be a problem.(solved by a hood scoop if necessary)

• 2 weeks later...