Celica Supra Wheels?

busboy9

Hi all, I'm gonna be picking up a 1200 Sedan in about a week, and although I really love the original 12" wheels with the deluxe hubcaps I do also love a good set of aftermarket wheels, and need snow tires because of the coming winter plus legalities in my area. Since snow tires for 12" wheels aren't a thing anymore I've been looking for cheap but nice looking 13-14" wheels. I found a set of Celica Supra 14's for a reasonable price, but does anyone know it they'll fit under the car without spacers/cutting?If they don't, what other cars with the 4x114.3 bolt pattern have approximately the same backspacing and wheel width? That way I won't just be looking for things that specifically fit a 1200.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get them anyway. Is there any chance you could not drive it in the winter?

Just about any Datsun rim would work I would think, even steelies, but most are 13". I say steel because you could leave the winter tires on for next year.  

They will fit the back pretty easy,,, but unless you cut the bottom of front fender or run extremely low profile tires i believe they will rub the front.. I didn't want to cut my fenders andi think after much trial i found about 175/60/13 was tallest tire that would easily clear. 

I don't know what supras have for offset but i'm thinking we tried them on 70 510 ( 195 or 205/60) and they rubbed ,,,  if it matters my wife and sons have about 6 sets of baby supras between them with various tire sizes  so they have been tried on almost everything with 114.3 

Edited by bananahamuck

I'd just go with factory 13" and leave the winter tires on them, just swap wheels in spring and fall.

There are plenty of 155/80r13 snow tires out there still and I'd be shocked if they didn't fit nicely with the 13" factory wheels, it's only an extra .5" in radius after all.

175/70r13s should clear OK as well but for snow/ice you might want the skinny tires to get the ground pressure up a bit.