Will 1996 Nissan Hardbody stock wheels fit without rubbing frame or fenders?

I am new here and have searched this site and the internet and now have come here to ask for help in this matter. Will 1996 Nissan Hardbody stock wheels fit a 1972 PL521 without rubbing frame or fenders?

Thank you all in advance. I apologize if this is old news and been answered many times in the past.    Meyetch

• Like 1
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardbody rims were 14x6" so should clear the calipers - and aren't that wide. ( judging by this ebay auction https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nissan-Pickup-Painted-14-inch-OEM-Wheel-1996-1997-403001S700/232802874856 )  - same with the steelies ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nissan-Pickup-Painted-14-inch-OEM-Wheel-1996-1997-403001S700/232802874856 )

I am running some 15x8" 'vintage' American Racing Rims on my '71 521 and I don't have a problem with rubbing even with a 2" drop - but most of that will come with the tier combination that you choose and if there is a strange offset to the rim.

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 2

I had a brand new 1970 I drove to High School. It was purchased right from the showroom floor where it sat equipped with Chevrolet truck rims in black and Wide Oval tires. That is the look I prefer. I do not believe there are calipers on this current 521 I am driving. It did come with a L20 block, Z20 head, twin Mikuni sidedrafts, and headers. About as quick as my '01 NB Miata with 200HP.

• Like 2