Master cylinder kit

Kallistrattus

Hi everyone,

I have got an Datsun 620 with SD22 engine (stock), which have a nabco 7/8 master cylinder.

I need an repair kit for it, i have check carpartsmanual website and i only found 3/4 and 13/16 master cylinders units, i dont know if it stock or not but i cant found any information about 7/8 nabco unit.

Can anyone help me, i need part number for a repair kit, for trying to found it in ebay (europe).

Ty

Kallistrattus

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care about original equipment, so I normally buy the Centric brand as they are new(not rebuilt) and every one I ever bought worked properly out of the box.

I searched ebay using "1979 Datsun 620 brake master centric" but you do not need to specify Centric, I buy mine locally from a parts store that carries Centric.

I found this one on ebay, they say they ship to your country.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-1978-1979-Nissan-620-Brake-Master-Cylinder-Centric-21514ZJ/392393806353?fits=Year%3A1979|Model%3A620|Make%3ADatsun&hash=item5b5c7e5211:g:6RkAAOSwDPhdXu2s

You should be able to find something locally for a similar sized vehicle.

28 minutes ago, Kallistrattus said:

here, in Portugal, its hard to find parts for this truck, this is why i'm asking for code parts.

And if i change it from 7/8 to 13/16 or 3/4 its safe?

Going slightly smaller will cause the brake pedal to have travel farther to move the same amount of fluid. This not the end of the world, but it may then seem 'mushy'. Some find that they can modulate the brakes much easier and closer to brake lock up in a panic stop situation. Going slightly larger will cause a harder, firmer pedal as you are trying to move more fluid with the same pedal travel. If you have a brake booster with a larger master this isn't so noticeable.  

• Like 2

Me I would just order the 13 /16 from rock auto. IF IT LOOK LIKE THEY MOUNT THE SAME and HOLE SPACING.  7/8 = 14/16 right. I don't think the size different is a big deal

Look at Rock auto for the photo and see if look the same.. plus one can move the hydralic lines a liitle if needed.

make sure the bleeds screws the same. I cant tell what the sizes are on rock auto the the Rebestos listed one look like a Japanese made and that's NEW Japan which is the best.If NEW but cant verify as it don't say NEW.

I have a 521 and they had 2 differ size wheels cylinder sizes and I needed it like now(today in stock) and I took the off size and it works fine

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
20 hours ago, wayno said:

Can't you just buy a new master to replace the one you have instead of rebuilding yours?

Right !  I have had my RL411 master cylinder rebuilt and usually get 18 months service out of them at a cost of about $100.  So I bought a new JDM master cylinder for about $200 and it is indeed a JDM factory part [for the 1500 cc ,310, Roadster] and will likely last forever.  

Edited by MikeRL411
Typo

hum..., change the unit is the mostly right way, but i buy the truck 1 week ago, so change it is out of my budget... that why i'm going for repair kit, since my mechanic says the unit is ok.

I know brakes is essencial, but i can afford expensive ways...

i'm trying to not import from non-europe because custom cost... i will the price of item and more 23% of price + admisnistrative costs to import it and wait almost 2 mouths to got it.... Portugal is a burucratic/complicated/expensive country to import....

If i hold the part number i can try to find it at local part store or EU online stores, after check 280z master cylinder unit at rockauto.com, i know the unit is from 280z or similar ones. but the dont sell repair kits for it, so i cant get part number.

Firstly i'm sorry about my poor english, but at my country foruns cars like this are garbage.... i'm sorry to for asking for another solutions  instead the right ones you give me.

And a big thank you to all of you who are trying to help me.

Kallistrattus

This is what I found .

Nissan Part#: 46011-U7726

It is not what you need as it is for 13/16ths masters,  we have  front disc/rear drum brakes in the 1979 Datsun 620 trucks in the USA, you have a 7/8ths master with drums all around.

I also found this on ebay, it is for the earlier 620 trucks with drum brakes all around, but this auction doesn't say if it is 7/8ths or not, but it has a part number.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-46010-B5025-1972-77-PL620-620-PU-Nabco-Brake-Master-Cyl-Reb-Kit-W-Pistons/350764086089?hash=item51ab2b3349:g:0-cAAMXQLbVRZPkP

You could message the guy and ask if it is for a 7/8ths bore and if it is then use that part number to try and find something over there.

i know maybe i'm starting to be boring, but after 1 week searching for something and i cant found no info. i'm starting thinking this truck was bad deal...

i know my master cylinder is the same of 280z. but i cant found parts info about it. anyone here with a 280z know what kit is it, or compatible master cylinders units from another cars (more
common)

http://www.shinseiauto.com/english/FIC-Catalogue.pdf

I dont know yet if it help me, but got lot of info about repair kits. i'm sharing it, i think is nice catalogue.

Edit:

I buying one this kit ->https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152868354248

After cross info in file with this site and get nissan part code: https://www.fitinpart.sg/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=365572

• Like 1

Are you on Facebook? Try  Datsun Europe Cars & Parts & Tech group. There are a few people over there that specialize in Datsun 240/260z parts. And they have a lot of stock parts in Europe so maybe they can help. Or get a contact in Greece, there are lots and lots of Datsun 620's there and parts galore!

Edited by Eric
  • Like 1
On 10/21/2019 at 1:17 PM, Kallistrattus said:

i know maybe i'm starting to be boring, but after 1 week searching for something and i cant found no info. i'm starting thinking this truck was bad deal...

i know my master cylinder is the same of 280z. but i cant found parts info about it. anyone here with a 280z know what kit is it, or compatible master cylinders units from another cars (more
common)

Tech is never boring here :)

Hopefully the kit you ordered will work. 

Just a note, any of the vertical mount nabco masters will work.
You will just have a different pedal feel depending on the bore size and may have to swap residual valves depending on the disc/drum setup. 

Do you have a Summit type parts store? 

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaz-13-1658?seid=srese1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInLaxncSy5QIV1Bx9Ch1aLAAKEAQYASABEgK4J_D_BwE

On 10/22/2019 at 7:28 PM, Eric said:

Are you on Facebook? Try  Datsun Europe Cars & Parts & Tech group. There are a few people over there that specialize in Datsun 240/260z parts. And they have a lot of stock parts in Europe so maybe they can help. Or get a contact in Greece, there are lots and lots of Datsun 620's there and parts galore!

i will check it, i got facebook, but i never use it for nothing (just check links from buddys) but i will give it  a try.

On 10/23/2019 at 2:56 PM, ]2eDeYe said:

Tech is never boring here 🙂

Hopefully the kit you ordered will work. 

Just a note, any of the vertical mount nabco masters will work.
You will just have a different pedal feel depending on the bore size and may have to swap residual valves depending on the disc/drum setup. 

Do you have a Summit type parts store? 

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaz-13-1658?seid=srese1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInLaxncSy5QIV1Bx9Ch1aLAAKEAQYASABEgK4J_D_BwE

I dont know a store like this, but this price if in EU was interesting.

-----------------

My repair kit dont arrive yet.

i hope it fit,

I need to get periodical inspection in december, and after this mouth all deliveries get delayed because of christmas gifs, so will become in trouble  😄