Recently purchased my first Datsun

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a JDM 73' Datsun sunny Ute. This car is badass and I want to meet some of the community here on Ratsun.

There are a couple minor things wrong with it... for example: heat/fan don't work, interior dash left-hand indicator bulb is out, small valve cover leak (I already purchased a cork replacement), missing a back left tailgate chain and hardware and a couple other small things...

Please point me in the right direction... never used one of these forums and I'd like to learn more about doing things myself.

Car didn't come with a manual but I've seen some of the maintenance basics in there: plugs, compression test, oil/oil filter, etc...

photos below:

IMG-0001.jpg

IMG-0008.jpg

IMG-9999.jpg

Nice to meet you,

the name's JohnnyDiesel!

• Like 5
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice ute 

welcome to ratsun here is a link to discusion forumn for 1200 here on ratsun 

just scroll down the first page on the ratsun forumn and you will see discussions 

https://ratsun.net/forum/13-1200/

Edited by Ranman72
  • Like 1

My truck is the same year!!  I live up in Everett.  I daily drove mine for 7 years.  Just recently took it off insurance.  Daughter started driving which added 200 bucks a month!!  So I took a few cars off to balance the cost.  

Here is a photo of mine.  

U_P9tzwT7BuxtkcftLBBKRXKcXUtx4lx24FoMEl6

Nice! 😎 Grab a USA spec 1200 Haynes manual for the basics.  Mechanicals will be "basic", wiring schematics will be "basic", will NOT be the same , but wiring color codes etc might be.  These are easy cars, just a few "japanese" quirks like switch to ground electrics vs most other cars switch to power!

On 10/18/2019 at 1:09 PM, Icehouse said:

My truck is the same year!!  I live up in Everett.  I daily drove mine for 7 years.  Just recently took it off insurance.  Daughter started driving which added 200 bucks a month!!  So I took a few cars off to balance the cost.  

Here is a photo of mine.  

U_P9tzwT7BuxtkcftLBBKRXKcXUtx4lx24FoMEl6

Dude, that’s awesome. Great color! I could use some help with general knowledge of this thing. I’ve been reading the forums, but I’m curious about some of the carburetor tuning and suspension amongst other things. 

If you have an Instagram, I have one called @cornhu8 

7 hours ago, JohnnyDiesel said:

Dude, that’s awesome. Great color! I could use some help with general knowledge of this thing. I’ve been reading the forums, but I’m curious about some of the carburetor tuning and suspension amongst other things. 

If you have an Instagram, I have one called @cornhu8 

I could help with suspension for sure.  I don't know anything about carbs.  I always ditch them for EFI.  Although my sunny has the stock engine and carb at the moment.  Awaiting an upgrade.  

On 10/19/2019 at 10:51 PM, Icehouse said:

I could help with suspension for sure.  I don't know anything about carbs.  I always ditch them for EFI.  Although my sunny has the stock engine and carb at the moment.  Awaiting an upgrade.  

Shoot me a text bud.... 248-444-9226,