L20b Crank Specs -> Custom Rods

That4doorKiD

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an HKS set here.  They're ok.  I won't call it a sub-par set but its definitely not a premium set.  It'll keep the oil in, most of it anyway.  

Duax, I talked to one of the  the Cometic guys at PRI last Winter who said he'd make sure that if I sent in a gasket, they could modify their 6 cylinder platform and make it work for the L20b.  New production technology, so its worth a shot.  They definitely want to expand their product line!

Edited by distributorguy
16 hours ago, distributorguy said:

I have an HKS set here.  They're ok.  I won't call it a sub-par set but its definitely not a premium set.  It'll keep the oil in, most of it anyway.  

Duax, I talked to one of the  the Cometic guys at PRI last Winter who said he'd make sure that if I sent in a gasket, they could modify their 6 cylinder platform and make it work for the L20b.  New production technology, so its worth a shot.  They definitely want to expand their product line!

what are you using now? 

I'm using a mix of whatever was left over from the 6 or 8 sets I've purchased in the last 3 years, plus a Nismo head gasket.  I just glue them up good.  The old Blue rear main seal is the best fitting one - the orange ones are a loose fit in comparison, but they work.  

I think what I have laying around now is ITM, Mahle, 1 set with an eagle on the package not made in USA,  and a long missing brand I can't recall.  I just buy whatever RockAuto has, hopefully with the square port exhaust gaskets.  They're getting more difficult to find.  

• Like 1