Sign in to follow this  
baseballguru44

Redline Weber 32/26 Z24 Carb Thoughts?

I've been thinking about swapping my stock carb. 1985 720 4x4 with Z24. I've heard good about both the stock and Weber and wanted to gauge some current opinions. What do y'all have (stock, Weber, etc.), how long have you had it, has it impacted your power, fuel economy, etc. Any info would be a huge help. There's a K646 kit online for $300 even, includes a genuine electric choke Redline Weber, adapter plate, linkage kit, and air filter. Also thinking about an MSD ignition box. Any comments on that as well would be appreciated!

• Like 2

I have run Weber's on my Datsuns &  Nissans since the 70s.  I have purchased many trucks over the years that ran terrible and the first thing I do is put a new Weber on it.  My 86 720 king cab I purchased in Elko Nevada in 2010 was one of these trucks.  Ordered a new Weber from Pierce Manifolds and put it on.  What a difference a new carb makes.  The Weber 32/36 has a problem, if you jump on the throttle it will stumble.  If you throttle down in a more reasonable manor the Weber pulls strong.

The Weber 32/36 DGEV is a simple carb compared to the stock Nissan carb.

• Like 1

As long as you get an original Weber and not a Chinese knock off, you'll do fine. An original Hitachi you won't find new, you can only rebuild them so it would be hard to compare them.

MSD is highly over rated and you already have an electronic high output ignition in your 720. You can spend hundreds on an MSD and then tell us how much you don't notice any difference.

• Like 2

I would not waste your money on the MSD.

• Like 2