521 fuel pump Carter brand

banzai510(hainz)

I just received 2 521(510 also) Carter Fuelpumps from Rockauto.

I have to say for 20$ its the closest thing to a stock looking pump. Box says made in USA but I don't believe it but have to say I liked them.  Some body on here is running one but if one wants a stock looking pump heres your chance to buy a spare or 2.

Nissan pumps are 75$ or above if not more by now

521 and 510 use the same inlet outlet routing on the pumps

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,1971,521+pickup,1.6l+l4,1212321,fuel+&+air,fuel+pump,6256

also get spare drum brakes(I like the Bendix version) and shoes for the 521 as they are cheap under 20$

. the 510 drum are 80$ which is fricken expensive

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
  • Like 2
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one of these Carter pumps on my 521/L16 for awhile. It completely died on me 2 weeks ago, only pump I've ever had on any L series motor abruptly fail like that. I replaced it with a spectra premium...not stock looking but best reviews out of all that I looked at and I had one on an L28 for years with no issues...so far so good.

• Like 1

this is good to know. I thought the Spetra was the same pump ? as I saw a Spetra on Amazon and it was really the same stock looking clone. Unless these just keep changing with where they spurce their parts

How long is awhile.??/ did it last?

I have one Nissan spare(koyosan)

and a Nikki for 620 spare

a Blackstone bronze color cap one as a spare 510/321

and now 2 of these Carter stock looking sprares510/521

I have a Koyosan in my 521 and its been in there for a long time and I drive my 521 pretty much everyday since i owned it(19yrs) my 510 is maybe a weekend driver if that now. Once every 6 weeks maybe

• Like 1