520 throttle cable

Suki68

I’m new to this site and I know this question has been asked a 1000 times already, but I’ll ask anyway. My son recently got a 68 520 and the throttle cable is bad. Will a earlier 620 throttle cable work? It’s a screw in the firewall style. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 620 one has two small bolts. I suppose you could use two self tapping screws. Worth a try. 

By "bad" do you mean melted and stuck? This is from a missing ground wire from the engine to the sheet metal of the body. All power will go down the throttle cable and heat it up. A foot of 12 gauge wire to a screw on the firewall and to a valve cover bolt will do.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, 420n620 said:

got a 520 throttle cable in very good condition. PM me if your still looking. 

If this guy doesn't want it I would likely buy it if it will fit my 1966 520, right now I am using a 521 cable and the screw on mount part that holds the cable on the firewall is too small, mine is the same size as the 320.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, wayno said:

If this guy doesn't want it I would likely buy it if it will fit my 1966 520, right now I am using a 521 cable and the screw on mount part that holds the cable on the firewall is too small, mine is the same size as the 320.

Siki68 hasn't been back on since October so his lost. Besides that, every ones money spends and looks the same. 

I no longer have a photo host, don't want one either so no pic's.

It's from a 68 520, screws to a firewall bracket which is included w/ clip, the carb end goes into a carb bracket where you adjust the slack out of the cable. 

If you want a pic, I'll PM you my email address. More details in the PM. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...