Brake components NOT made in China

TimmyG

Having trouble figuring out which manufacturers are using China for making their replacement brake parts.

Can anyone say for sure which brands are made with good quality and NOT in China?

84 King Cab 720 

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, datzenmike said:

Pretty much the under $10. But I just checked because I guess I didn't want to know before and now.... Special on Amazon and I don't use my 710 much anyway. Just wanted some for back up.

Definitely budget friendly. Ha. I just don't wanna put any questionable parts into my 720. I'd like to put D21 dual piston calipers and rotors on the front, but would rather not buy parts from China. Sigh. It's hard to figure out which affordable parts are good quality. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Get the D21 spindles and calipers from the wrecking yard and rebuild them if you have to. Spend the most on good quality pads and rotors. I think wayno used the V6 disc brakes which are even larger.

Yep, that's probably a good idea. I could get genuine Nissan calipers from the yard, huh. If I'm lucky the housing won't have rust inside the bore like my 720 caliper did. 

I plan to buy the spindles from Belltech (2 inch drop). They are the same part for 720 and D21. 

Yes, the V6 calipers and rotors are what you want. Calipers are dual piston with larger (mostly longer) pads. Rotors are about 10 mm larger diameter and they are thicker. 

Wayno may have done the swap I'm looking at doing, but I haven't seen him posting lately. I will have to hit him up. He lives about 15 mins from me, haha. 

Edited by TimmyG
Typos
  • Like 1