Madkaw

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, NC85ST said:

Sorry, but the top of that transmission does not look right. There should be two bolt holes at the top. That’s a z24.

0E13C7D3-3AA3-48FB-8DDA-82638D794849.jpeg

There are 2 . The picture loads on this site sideways . All the holes are in the right place for the engine- but the shape on the bell housing doesn’t match my engine plate- BUT I’m not sure I have the right engine plate 

7 hours ago, datzenmike said:

The Z and the KA front cases are basically the same for 71B and 71C.

That engine plate is for an L series I think.

I’m thinking you are right . Maybe from the Diesel engine . Hate to be in the middle of this swap and find out this trans won’t fit right . The other crucial part of this is that my CAS is mounted on the engine plate . 

45 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

The LD only came with an automatic and a full cover engine plate like the one you have would prevent you from being able to tighten the torque converter mounting bolts.

I don't think that would matter because the plate sits next to the engine block behind the converter or flywheel. Sometimes I do dumb things and have installed the flywheel first only realizing later I forgot the plate. This leads to excessive foul language as the Wife call it.

6 hours ago, datzenmike said:

The LD only came with an automatic and a full cover engine plate like the one you have would prevent you from being able to tighten the torque converter mounting bolts.

Ahh- that makes sense .