Datsun grille emblem

TimmyG

Anyone know what market and year models this came on? It appears to be a 4 door RHD 720. I've never seen this grille emblem. I have the Nissan version of this emblem, so this one should fit my grille. If I can find one. 

U22PhDu.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think North American.... If it is, DATSUN would be before the hard change to NISSAN so '80 maybe '81? Usually it's DATSUN by NISSAN They would slip the by NISSAN in there during the soft change leading up to NISSAN beginning with the '79 620 trucks.. Other places in the world kept the DATSUN name I think. I have some references at home and will take a look tonight. Some 720s kept the round headlights!!!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, DrvnDrvr said:

I've never seen the one in the yellow but the one datsunmike has with the red and blue  will just pop into your grill and are available.

I was looking at it trying to figure out if it's made like the nissan emblem I just posted, with the same grooves and clips.

6 minutes ago, DrvnDrvr said:

I have your grille and datsunmike emblem in my pile. I'll see if it's a direct pop-in or if mods are required this weekend.

That would be awesome. Thanks.

On 9/25/2019 at 11:44 PM, TimmyG said:

pnIZCyW.jpg

76P3ohf.jpg

fxjWBn5.jpg

Xy8v87L.jpg

r0PqnCq.jpg

I was thinking the one in the yellow circle looked like my front grille NISSAN emblem so maybe I could pop a DATSUN one on there like that...

Hey check this out on ebay.....

I think it's what you were looking for.... I think the datsun was blacked out in your first pic.... but look at the way this mounts into the grill.... unfortunately I think it has a broken tab ....

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F233191420720

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Crashtd420 said:

Screenshot-20190929-110243-e-Bay.jpg

I dont thing the other ones with the flag design would fit that grill with the nissan emblem.... 

Yep, that's the one! Too bad it has two broken clips. Jeez, someone was impatient. Good heads up. Thank you. 

Edited by TimmyG
  • Like 1