30 years gone...

ratslagic

1138620718_IMG_20190922_1843206232.jpg.1

Trying to track down any info about this car. I owned it in the mid 90's. Sold it in Silverton Oregon in 97/98. If anyone knows ANYTHING of it's where abouts or fate, I'd love to know what happened to her. PS don't clown on my 90's gear, I was a senior in high school 😎

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's a 73 or 74 610 if I remember correctly. That much I know. Looking for anyone who might have info as to what became of it after I foolishly sold it...

It was an SCCA solo2 hp class car. Had a full cage, aluminum rear seat pan, aluminum dash insert with "Brake Late" hand painted on it, aluminum switch panel radio delete, fully slotted adjustable suspension, diff cooler, mild cammed L20b with a Weber 40mm and a dry sump. That's how I sold it anyhow...

I think it could've been made streetable again. Would've been a pain cranking to get oil pressure every time you start it, and hope you don't forget to switch on the fans or the cooler pump.... That diff got hot with the spool and sticky Hoosiers lol  

And no speedo, no heater, no wipers, and that Corbeau was not comfortable for long...

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Contact Troy Ermish...........although he is 90% 510 race stuff, he has dealt with a few 610's.  Doesn't he service Adam Carolla's cars........I think Adam has had a couple of 610 race cars cuz so rare to see! 

I grew up into British cars.  In the mid 80's, working at a British shop back in MD, got a typical call from a tow company asking if we wanted to buy a junk car.  Driver simply said ".....got an old MG race car, don't know nuthin' about it!"  I followed protocol, asked my boss, he declined, so I told the guy to bring it by the shop, ask for TJ, I paid him $100!  Turned out to be an early production 1964 MG Midget SCCA race car!  Boss got back from errands, mad as hell that I bought it!  I tracked down the name painted on the door, super nice guy, he had special ordered it from Manhattan Jaguar MG Triummph in 1964, was RIGHT HAND DRIVE, drove it home, stripped it down & built the race car, never street driven!  He invited me over to grab all of the NEW parts that he removed in 1964, gave them to me!  I sat on it for 6mo's, had two other Midgets at the time, an acquaintance wanted to buy it, so I sold it & made my money!  THAT is one car I would love to track back down............. Good luck with your search!

TJ

Denver CO

• Like 1