Anybody try one of these carburetors? real or knock off?

pdp8

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CARBURETOR-For-Nissan-A12-16010-H1602-DATSUN-SUNNY-B210-PULSAR-TRUCK/263392947032?hash=item3d53716b58:g:BogAAOSwH6lca5ZI

It's not that I mind the Hitachi that much, but they are a little fussy.  Considering the effort to re-bush a worn throttle shaft and the cost of a rebuild kit, just buying a shiny new carb is pretty enticing.

Question is, will these work satisfactorily or are they a poor knock-off that won't make the power (ha) or mileage of the originals.  I don't mind at all that the anti-diesel valve  and some other cruft isn't present but I'm a little concerned about the accelerator pump linkage.

I suppose the price is low enough that it's not a big risk but I thought I'd check here before trying anything.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There''s nothing wrong with a new Hitachi. Naturally when they age they, like any carburetor, will be a pain in the ass. A new one from Nissan (doubtful they have any) is likely over $400 so $50???? Ya gits what ya pays fer. No harm in trying it for that price. You have the old one to swap linkage parts off of.

BTW. It won't pass emissions. It won't pass the visual even.

China crap....

They can't even make a head light bulb that is reliable, just how good of a carb do you think they will counterfeit ?

Just as they did with coping the Quaife LSD, even the crews that holds the thing together will be out of spec.,

and the machine work will be so bad that you will have sloppy throttle shafts right out of the box.

Look at this guy's feedback, 47 negitives in the past year !

"Did not receive all the parts and seller lied about where part shipped from"

and

"Incomplete order bad package part are scratched"

I wouldn't send them $5 for a carb....

Edited by G-Duax
  • Haha 1

The

On 9/20/2019 at 10:58 AM, datzenmike said:

There''s nothing wrong with a new Hitachi. Naturally when they age they, like any carburetor, will be a pain in the ass. A new one from Nissan (doubtful they have any) is likely over $400 so $50???? Ya gits what ya pays fer. No harm in trying it for that price. You have the old one to swap linkage parts off of.

BTW. It won't pass emissions. It won't pass the visual even.

They have pretty much given up on visual inspections around here, the young mechanics don't know what they are looking at!

I'm wary at that price, hence the post, but I'm also aware that sometimes being cheap doesn't mean it's junk.  Case in point is all the love out there for the Harbor Freight HVLP guns.

Still, fair point, I can just keep rebuilding originals.  Thing is, I've had some originals that even if I blow out every passage I can and otherwise rebuild carefully they don't run right.