(620) Existing factory front disc brakes

Joshua

79 (620) kingcab..are my disc calipers single piston or dual, per side..is there any real noticeable difference between what I have compared to D21 disc. Upgrade?. Seems to me the D21 conversion are being done on other 620s' that don't have front disc to begin with and probably much easier to get D21, than what I have, factory original? ..please advise /comment..are they worth swapping? 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you already have ball joints, your best options is to simply swap our your entire spindle for an HB spindle.  If you have thoughts of dropped spindles, now would be the time to get them.  The drum 620 conversions to HB discs is not a consideration for you.  

If you need to do it as cheap as possible, get HB spindles, rotors and calipers, but use your hubs.  It would be way easier and simpler for you to just get the entire spindle setup from an HB.  Pop the ball joints, the tie rods and the hose.  I would not disassemble anything else....just swap the entire units.  If you're switching to dropped spindles, then of course, you will need to do things differently.  Using your hubs is better since they will fit smaller center holes on the rims.  HB hubs require really large holes.

You can dig around my site and find more info about the differences between the hubs.  http://www.bluehandsinc.com/donor-vehicle-and-part-information.html

• Like 1