New here. Considering buying a 620. Wondering what I should look for

Danultron

Always wanted a 521 or a 620 and just recently have been able to have enough extra income to look into purchasing.

I’m a total new guy at all of this so any and all info would be helpful. 

I’m not trying to purchase something thats already been restored.. something thats just together enough to drive and put some money into. It wouldn’t be my main mode of transportation.

There are a couple craigslist posts that ive recently seen that seem like decent options but I honestly don’t know what’s underpriced or overpriced.

Can you guys help me out? Here’s what I was looking at this morning. Mainly considering the blue truck.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/lodi-1973-datsun/6975369876.html

https://stockton.craigslist.org/cto/d/lockeford-1973-datsun-620/6972450596.html

Feel free to message me as well. I’m looking forward to any and all help in my endeavor. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a '78 or '79 that has the disc brakes up front, larger 2 liter engine, electronic ignition, (good bye points) slightly higher output internally regulated alternator, (good bye voltage regulator)  ball joint suspension, and optional 71B 5 speed. The King Cab has more room and comes with bucket seats.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

that guy(s) is stoned to want that much for a truck like that in washing is half price if not in the 1200-1500 range.  At least wash it before taking the photos.

You can find them just wait for the right one that is actually on the road with good tires.

When Im done with mine Ill let it go for $8,000 in about 5 yrs

Fixed yer p0st.

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Get a '78 or '79 that has the disc brakes up front, larger 2 liter engine, electronic ignition, (good bye points) slightly higher output internally regulated alternator, (good bye voltage regulator)  ball joint suspension, and optional 71B 5 speed. The King Cab has more room and comes with bucket seats.

75 or older has more value in CA due to no smog testing required.  The value of 76 and newer "old" cars is significantly less.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, thisismatt said:

75 or older has more value in CA due to no smog testing required.  The value of 76 and newer "old" cars is significantly less.

Yep. You can always swap in the better front suspension, but you can;'t change the VIN.

Older vehicle = mega HP

• Like 1

Clean and wash it. Vacuum the interior and throw a blanket over the seats. One spec of dirt, like one bad apple, spoils the whole lot. Wash the tires so they are black.

Borrow a digital; camera if you don't have one, who doesn't these days? Take dozens and select the best ones.

Anticipate any questions and supply the answers in your descriptions. "The tires are half worn down. Rims don't all match, radio doesn't work...."

Be honest as you can, don't waste people's time finding out there's a big dent not shown.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Clean and wash it. Vacuum the interior and throw a blanket over the seats. One spec of dirt, like one bad apple, spoils the whole lot. Wash the tires so they are black.

Borrow a digital; camera if you don't have one, who doesn't these days? Take dozens and select the best ones.

Anticipate any questions and supply the answers in your descriptions. "The tires are half worn down. Rims don't all match, radio doesn't work...."

Be honest as you can, don't waste people's time finding out there's a big dent not shown.

Yeah.  I don't understand the guys that say "message/call me for details".  Why?  Why do you want to explain or answer the same question 20 times when you could write it all down once and be done.

• Like 2
On 9/17/2019 at 6:37 AM, banzai510(hainz) said:

fixed post

800$ when Im done. the rust is starting to come thru. Once they rust to me I regulate to JUNK status. But still fun to still drive them Ratsun style

Like I said, you can leave that one at my place when your done with it. lol 

• Like 1