Striped wire source?

rosso

I have been looking for a source of striped wire to start redoing the wiring on my VG33 510 project.

Does anyone have a good source for wires that resemble the factory multi-colored stuff? What gauge wire is it all?

Here is the closest I have found:

https://www.sherco-auto.com/striped-tracer-wire.html

Here is their Yellow/Black

WIREY-BK16.jpg

Any other good sources?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

You can Stripe any wire you want to any color.  Buy the base colored wire, make a jig out of wood.  Drill a hole so the wire will feed through.  Drill a hole on the top or side large enough for a sharpie marker.  Insert desired marked color and you can stripe anything you want, for as long as you want.  Other than the cost of wire, the sharpie pack is cheap and you can reuse for any color combination you need!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, 4perrev said:

You can Stripe any wire you want to any color.  Buy the base colored wire, make a jig out of wood.  Drill a hole so the wire will feed through.  Drill a hole on the top or side large enough for a sharpie marker.  Insert desired marked color and you can stripe anything you want, for as long as you want.  Other than the cost of wire, the sharpie pack is cheap and you can reuse for any color combination you need!

Thanks for the idea - I can definitely see doing this for black stripes.

Great find of your wagon in Port Townsend, I look forward to seeing your progress. My VG33 swap into my '72 wagon is going well and I like it more and more even though it's still in pieces,

• Like 1
On 9/20/2019 at 7:49 PM, banzai510(hainz) said:

Jeff would just yank out the wiring from a late model Nissan as a lot are consistent with the older datsuns

Yep!  Did that for years.  Just recently spent 500 bucks at Waytek and bought a bunch of 1,000 ft rolls.  I bought all the common stripped wires needed in KA and SR swaps.   

Black with white stripe

Black with Red stripe

Black with yellow stripe

Red with black stripe

solid white 

Solid red

Solid brown

and a bunch more.  

isEBr03.jpg

On 9/15/2019 at 10:52 AM, rosso said:

I have been looking for a source of striped wire to start redoing the wiring on my VG33 510 project.

Does anyone have a good source for wires that resemble the factory multi-colored stuff? What gauge wire is it all?

Here is the closest I have found:

https://www.sherco-auto.com/striped-tracer-wire.html

Here is their Yellow/Black

WIREY-BK16.jpg

Any other good sources?

I dont have a solution for your wiring needs, but we have a growing community of VG swapped Datsuns on FB if you feel like joining.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1848877351796281/

6 hours ago, 68Datsun510 said:

I dont have a solution for your wiring needs, but we have a growing community of VG swapped Datsuns on FB if you feel like joining.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1848877351796281/

Thanks, I am a member although I am not a Facebook fan so don't use it much. I will put it on my reading list.

I am Michael in Port Angeles, Washington.

Cheers

• Like 1
21 hours ago, rosso said:

Thanks, I am a member although I am not a Facebook fan so don't use it much. I will put it on my reading list.

I am Michael in Port Angeles, Washington.

Cheers

Awesome!

I dont blame you, one of those things thats very useful, yet really wish it never came to be at the same time...on the bright side, they havent billed me for the 30,000+ pictures they host for me lol

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2020 at 5:21 AM, 4perrev said:

I just did this for the one wire I needed to connect the original 510 oil pressure sending wiring YB around to the other side where I have the new sender.

And the dashboard oil warning light works. 🙂

Thanks, one more thing off the list.

• Like 1