b210 1978 transverse connecting rod

helen loar

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try to post a picture of the damaged part.

Probably the lower left side rod with inner and outer side rod ends with ball joints on it?

i-img1200x675-1524899561fuolmn23343.jpg

If it's the threaded rod (lower left) between the ball joints on either end. You could just straighten it, being careful not to damage the threads or a new one from the Nissan dealer would be 48512-H5800 if they even have any. Or try NAPA or any car parts store. It has left and right hand threads so is very specific for this job

When swapping the old ball joint ends on, count the number of turns so it goes back in without affecting the alignment. 

the above picture is what is broken on my 1978 B210 Datsun. I have no idea what it is called. I have searched the manuals under suspension right front but nothing.  If anyone has any idea please help.  My youngest son said it was bent and he had to cut part to get it out. Thanks in advance for all your help. Helen

I'll check when I get home but that tapered part reminds me of the part that holds the lower control arm to the front cross member. If so, they are not likely specific to the car and any one may do even left to right. Again I'll try to remember to look up the part and it's number and I can cross reference it to other cars that may use it.