New To The Forum

ahgrafx

Hello everyone! I've been on 311s site for a lil while and I seem to get a lot of flack for my ideas so I thought maybe over here you might be a little more accepting looking at the artwork on the site 🙂 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh you will get plenty of shite over here too.  We're mostly an asshole forum that happens to talk a lot about datsuns :D.  bring a thick skin, throw whatever comes your way back at people, and do what makes YOU happy.  Screw the rest of us.

Also, welcome to ratsun.  Post pics.  We are pic whores.

I eager to see someone outside the box on a roadster.  I have a craptastic one i want to do all sorts of terrible things to.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ]2eDeYe said:

Welcome aboard, let's hear these plans 😄

Well i posted the other day asking whats the deal with the same 4 type of wheels on all roadsters is it due to the availability of wheels with our certain offset and lug pattern or is it due to the lack of imagination... they didnt like that

I have a vinyl plotter and im missing some front letters for the hood so I figure I would do vinyl, didnt get much response... here were my ideasfile.php?id=38891&mode=view

On 9/9/2019 at 2:24 PM, ahgrafx said:

Hello everyone! I've been on 311s site for a lil while and I seem to get a lot of flack for my ideas so I thought maybe over here you might be a little more accepting looking at the artwork on the site 🙂 

Its a lot of stuffy old people who've had their Roadsters forever... plus its the internet, anywhere you go you will offend someone.

For example: Im offended that you still havent posted any pics of your car lol😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No idea what plans you attempted to post, but it failed...

As for rims, i can only get to two that everyone uses.  Factory steelies and minilites/watanabes...  I wouldn't mind some deep dish steelies.  Mine is currently wearing some 240sx rims and some 8 hole stamped steel rims.  She's ugly.

I think using vinyl to make stencils and then painting the letters is cooler than vinyl letters.

15 hours ago, Lockleaf said:

As for rims, i can only get to two that everyone uses.  Factory steelies and minilites/watanabes...  I wouldn't mind some deep dish steelies.  Mine is currently wearing some 240sx rims and some 8 hole stamped steel rims.  She's ugly.

I think using vinyl to make stencils and then painting the letters is cooler than vinyl letters.

plans I attempted to post?

15 hours ago, 2mAn said:

Its a lot of stuffy old people who've had their Roadsters forever... plus its the internet, anywhere you go you will offend someone.

For example: Im offended that you still havent posted any pics of your car lol😝

Sorry bud here she is, I have since changed the mirrorsfile.php?id=38837&mode=view

15 hours ago, Lockleaf said:

VTO 4 spoke and the mesh wheels

6 hours ago, ahgrafx said:

Sorry bud here she is, I have since changed the mirrorsfile.php?id=38837&mode=view

Not a bad looking Roadster! Definitely needs wheels. I think something shiny will look good... The lug pattern is a common Japanese pattern, but the offset will be the deciding factor.

17 hours ago, 2mAn said:

Not a bad looking Roadster! Definitely needs wheels. I think something shiny will look good... The lug pattern is a common Japanese pattern, but the offset will be the deciding factor.

thanks... you got any suggestions? I saw some on here the other day that were the disk filled in look I kinda likes. Kinda like the old school outlaw?ar_out1_sm_pdpfull.jpg

1 hour ago, ahgrafx said:

thanks... you got any suggestions? 

depends on your budget.

both of these have been worn on a Roadster, and look good. Not the common style either...

15" so they will need new lower profile tire, but cheap enough

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/wto/d/kent-z-turbo-wheels/6976838277.html

14" with tires that will work and a great look, but Im not a fan of the stretch

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/wto/d/everett-14-hayashi-streets/6973726199.html

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on the 311 forum and I can't see the links either. Imgur has been the easiest to use for hosting pictures, in my opinion, especially for mobile users.

I can tell you that there are a lot of purists on 311s.org, and some of the stuff you're talking about doing certainly isn't "pure." I would avoid vinyl letters on the hood. Maybe if it was a racecar it would look okay. Dean sells reproduction letters for the hood in chromed molded plastic for short money. Maybe that's the way to go? The asshole previous owner before me removed all mine and filled the holes with bondo before repainting the car, so I don't have any.

To answer your question about wheels, yes, it's the fitment that drastically limits our options. Roadsters came with very narrow rims to begin with. What also makes it worse is that we have to clear the rear leafs, and tuck the rear wheels into the back fenders. Front fitment isn't half as bad. A good size rim is a 15x7 in a +15 to +18. You can extrapolate other sizes from there. Tire selections in 15" are way better than in 14", so most people go up to that size. If you're going to start chopping your car up and glue on some shakotan flares, then obviously you can run whatever you want.

That site can be a huge help for anything mechanical though, and the teck wiki is constantly being updated with a lot of useful information. Classic roadsters are usually not "ratted" out at much as some of the other Datsun models. Maybe that's why you're getting a lot of pushback. 

Edited by mainer311
5 hours ago, mainer311 said:

I'm on the 311 forum and I can't see the links either. Imgur has been the easiest to use for hosting pictures, in my opinion, especially for mobile users.

I can tell you that there are a lot of purists on 311s.org, and some of the stuff you're talking about doing certainly isn't "pure." I would avoid vinyl letters on the hood. Maybe if it was a racecar it would look okay. Dean sells reproduction letters for the hood in chromed molded plastic for short money. Maybe that's the way to go? The asshole previous owner before me removed all mine and filled the holes with bondo before repainting the car, so I don't have any.

To answer your question about wheels, yes, it's the fitment that drastically limits our options. Roadsters came with very narrow rims to begin with. What also makes it worse is that we have to clear the rear leafs, and tuck the rear wheels into the back fenders. Front fitment isn't half as bad. A good size rim is a 15x7 in a +15 to +18. You can extrapolate other sizes from there. Tire selections in 15" are way better than in 14", so most people go up to that size. If you're going to start chopping your car up and glue on some shakotan flares, then obviously you can run whatever you want.

That site can be a huge help for anything mechanical though, and the teck wiki is constantly being updated with a lot of useful information. Classic roadsters are usually not "ratted" out at much as some of the other Datsun models. Maybe that's why you're getting a lot of pushback. 

I dont exactly want it ratted out, I just want mine to be different. i dont want to do flares id rather have a nice trim done to duplicate the front wheel opening.

11 minutes ago, ahgrafx said:

I dont exactly want it ratted out, I just want mine to be different. i dont want to do flares id rather have a nice trim done to duplicate the front wheel opening.

Are you on instagram at all? If you are, follow a user called "shant67datsun". He's running Konig Rewinds, which are Watanabe knock-offs, and don't come in a size that will fit stock roadsters. As far as I know, he cut his rear fenders, but he's also running flares. His car looks really good with them. Just something to consider.

44193199_2396373183722530_46105955949504

Edited by mainer311