Resistor 1984 720 for Tachometer

jessemz

The 720 I have did not come with Resistor, but it odes have the connector to add  tach.

So i bought old Tach connected, no worky. Yep no resistor. did anyone do what I did, what did you use for Resistor?

z24 motor 5 speed 2 barrel carb

ALL so i added a clock, worked for a bit. it stopped any one had i fixed? or how to fix it?

• Like 1
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As for your clock issue, I had mine ('80 Datsun King Cab, OEM) sent to a watch maker in the big city and from what he described was some very basic cleaning and lubricating technics. Old clocks sit for a long time (no pun intended) collecting all kinds of dust particles and what not. So, save a few dollars and use a low pressure dust removal tool ( compressed air in a can?) or a regulated ( air controlled type) with a common style compressor and some light machine oil, used sparingly. Should free up the gears and motor controls. If required, let oil penetrate seized areas by simply being patient and wait a day or to between applications. Spin clocks hands to ensure free movement with finger dial and wait. That's it! Unless motor is completely seized then this method should work.

Edited by Rat-a-tat-Dat
unclear sentence
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, Rat-a-tat-Dat said:

As for your clock issue, I had mine ('80 Datsun King Cab, OEM) sent to a watch maker in the big city and from what he described was some very basic cleaning and lubricating technics. Old clocks sit for a long time (no pun intended) collecting all kinds of dust particles and what not. So, save a few dollars and use a low pressure dust removal tool ( compressed air in a can?) or a regulated ( air controlled type) with a common style compressor and some light machine oil, used sparingly. Should free up the gears and motor controls. If required, let oil penetrate seized areas by simply being patient and wait a day or to between applications. Spin clocks hands to ensure free movement with finger dial and wait. That's it! Unless motor is completely seized then this method should work.

10 hours ago, Rat-a-tat-Dat said: