Sign in to follow this  
Eric

Sunshine, the once bright yellow King Cab

Hi everyone, yesterday my '79 620 King Cab from Texas was delivered to my house in the Netherlands.

Bought it a few months ago and because of some issues with the paperwork and transporting company it took a while for it to finally be delivered.

Offcourse i had a few pictures and a walk around video from the seller but finally being able to see it myself was pretty exciting.

48669649682_d07bbbc59d_z.jpg

48669649737_5611d10574_z.jpg

First pictures in the Netherlands, looking pretty sad with a rattle can paint job and dirty from standing for quite a while.

Unfortunately i found out there was a big crack in the windscreen which i didn't see in the pictures i got from the seller.

All the time i was hoping i could bring back the original paint because i really wanted a yellow truck. So i put her in the workshop and with a piece of waterproof sandpaper and a bucket of water i got to work and this was the result after a few minutes

48666994323_1c5c56fa98_z.jpg

48667338426_ea8320dc72_z.jpg

The yellow was back!! 

Happy me 🙂

Edited by Eric
  • Like 2

So now to get her running because it is a non runner now..

I made some pictures in the engine bay of all the unconnected hoses and hoping everyone here can help me identify what goes where. I am no stranger to Datsun but i have never seen this much loose hoses and i can't identify all the parts in the engine bay, pretty sure all is smog related.

48666991078_7e1d8240de_z.jpg

48666991488_c997e44cd7_z.jpg

48667336431_eb576eb315_z.jpg

48667336791_0b4f8ae432_z.jpg

And off course, you gotta have your Fram filters in order 🙂

48667337191_431135e229_z.jpg

Edited by Eric
  • Like 1

Now im back to sanding because i need that yellow back!

• Like 4

Great to see someone trying to restore original paint! Good luck!

• Like 2

Been sanding a lot the last days to get the spray paint off. Getting there slowly.

48717872711_ec9d57e753_z.jpg

48717534938_b725fe5df1_z.jpg

And first parts arrived, set of front hubs from a D21 hardbody. Planning on doing a n SR20DE swap soon so need more stopping power. D21 has vented two piston brakes. No i have them too, must find a set of calipers first.

48717529458_da62993e6b_z.jpg

48717529738_1bd39f29b6_z.jpg

48717866026_4875c8ac70_z.jpg

48717529963_8bb2a079f4_z.jpg

Also took out the autobox and L20B, bolted a 4 speed manual box to the L20B with L24 flywheel and clutch. Needs to have the original engine to get the truck roadlegal here.

Edited by Eric
  • Like 2

Making good progress on the paint! Got a thing for the yellow ones and glad to see you are saving it!

• Like 2

Not too much happened in the meantime. Took of the rear drum brake covers. Rear brakes were seized so that was quite a lot of work. Need new cilinders or rebuild old ones.

Took of one of the front spindles and i need new upper and lower balljoints. The problem is the 620 was never sold here, so i went to carparts shop and explained them what i needed. Found the Moog part number for balljoints on rockauto.com. Looks like the same balljoints are used on 720, D21, and Pathfinders so i ordered a set of those. Will see if that fits.

Now after a set of D21 front brakes to complete the D21 spindles and brake conversion. All hard to find parts here and ordering from Rockauto costs a lot of shipping.

Will take apart the rest of the front suspension tomorrow and see what else need refurbish or replacing. 

Edited by Eric

Bruh. Lower balljoints didn't fit so now i ordered some parts from Rockauto. Delivery cost is just too much but now i am sure i get what fits and can continue this. Needs to be up and running otherwise i get bored with it and it will be put in a corner and i have to buy something else to entertain myself.

1 hour ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Is that tow vehicle a Nissan Patrol!!!!!!!!!!!!😁

Yes sir that is a Patrol

straight front axle? I love those Patrols lots in Austrailia and the United Nations used that model also.  I guess there is 2 models. The more city type then the 3rd world type. Like Land cruisers. The African models

I have no idea, its not mine. it from the guy who transported the car for me.