Ebay

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're looking for 521 parts on ebay, just know there are a lot of reproductions out of Thailand, Singapore, and even Japan.  For the most part I would say the sellers are honest, but even some of the sellers don't realize parts they're selling are reproductions...

• Like 1

Counterfeit parts. Asia is the world's best counterfeiter of parts.

Beware anything that is supposed to be NOS (new old/obsolete stock) These re-pops often include copied packaging, labels and part numbers. NOS means it was never sold and has been rescued from a dealer shelf or gotten rid of from Nissan as obsolete, unsalable, discontinued parts. Technically if you bought a part and never opened the package and wanted to sell it it would qualify.... but just barely. Now look at all the stuff out there that's claimed to be NOS. It's impossible. If there's a buck to be made someone will be making it.

In most cases this is all there is and that's fine but don't believe every part was made by Nissan. DON'T pay NOS prices.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They are most likely just using the same image, as most people selling new, or NOS parts due.

When I have listed new parts, and had a quantity of them to sell, I did the same thing.

As does most sellers on eBay, or any one that has their own web site.

The picture of, say a new Holley carb on 99.9% of all on-line seller sites is the exact same picture.

The picture that Summit racing is using for an item, is identical to the one Speedway, or Jegs is using.

There is just not enough time to run an internet business, and take a new picture for the same thing you just sold.

And not that I approve of it, but some sellers use multiple IDs on eBay.

I once asked 3 different sellers for a dimension of an item, and got the same exact answer, by the same exact person from all 3.

Besides, eBay has cracked down on people who don't want to refund items that don't match the description.

They will step in, and make the refund to you, if the seller doesn't, taking the funds directly from the seller's Paypal account.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, G-Duax said:

They are most likely just using the same image, as most people selling new, or NOS parts due.

When I have listed new parts, and had a quantity of them to sell, I did the same thing.

As does most sellers on eBay, or any one that has their own web site.

The picture of, say a new Holley carb on 99.9% of all on-line seller sites is the exact same picture.

The picture that Summit racing is using for an item, is identical to the one Speedway, or Jegs is using.

There is just not enough time to run an internet business, and take a new picture for the same thing you just sold.

And not that I approve of it, but some sellers use multiple IDs on eBay.

I once asked 3 different sellers for a dimension of an item, and got the same exact answer, by the same exact person from all 3.

Besides, eBay has cracked down on people who don't want to refund items that don't match the description.

They will step in, and make the refund to you, if the seller doesn't, taking the funds directly from the seller's Paypal account.

Thanks that makes me feel a lot better 🤛

On 8/30/2019 at 3:17 AM, Jef-fro said:

Well I bought a kingpin kit from Cyprus and the seller listed the same kit the next day .using the exact same pic I reported this to eBay 

Im glad you reported it, fuck the fake shit. I would love to see all the repo stuff get burned in one big pile. Make people pay the money for hard to find parts.

• Sad 1

If you get on eBay and look the same kit with the same exact background in the photo is for sale one for 120 and one for 150 .one seller lives in the us but the part ships from Cyprus the other seller lived in the uk and the part ships from Cyprus I have contacted both sellers and it’s definitely not the same person.i will give a update in 15 days or so