Fuel lines

Skarr05

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The L series L16 fuel pump is capable of delivering 1,000cc or about a US quart per min. Naturally very little of this is used or even needed but this is the amount it can deliver. A quart is a lot of gas and I don't know any engine that can use that. The point is that the lines are good for that volume.... a quart per minute. I know the SR uses a higher pressure but volume wise how much is needed for 200hp anyway?

It might be prudent to replace them because they were never intended for 50 PSI and they are about 50 years old. I would get pressure rated pipe no less than the current diameter. Like exhaust pipe size, people can get carried away and obsess over size. If stock is say... 3/16" then 1/4" should be lots. Find out what size Nissan put on SR powered vehicles, I bet they are surprisingly small diameter. Keep in mind that a doubling in diameter increases the flow by 4 times. A small increase from 3/16" to 1/4" increases the cross section by 77%