Had a bear in our yard

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Best you get some bear spray or something similiar Lou? I mean after all, you never know whats going to happen. Say, couldn't you put some of the bear spray around your perimeter to keep them out? Keep the lapdog close Lou, I know he thinks he's tough, but....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

I am not too sure about the spraying the perimiter,but the way I see it if we deter him ,and keep scaring him away hopefully he will get the hint :rolleyes:

I took a drive up the street last night,about 3 blocks away,there is a big chunk of green space(dry creek )and it is probably where he comes from,

I have read that they frequint the dip on tenth ave,in the creek bed,and this is the same creek just 6 blocks up

Just have to be a little more diligent ,in early am,dusk hours now,does make me wonder walking to the store in the evening before if he was out strolling a round aswell,

Maybe there should be a sign in the laneway(bear crossing:D)

yea i'd be getting a 6ft cyclone fence thats burried 1ft in the ground with maybe some cinder blocks on each side keeping it in the ground nicely.. may sound paranoid.. but come on.. they're BEARS plus u got kids an stuff and your wife seems terrifyed of them.. prolly wouldnt need an electric fence.. but.. maybe nice ;)

Guest 510kamikazifreak
yea i'd be getting a 6ft cyclone fence thats burried 1ft in the ground with maybe some cinder blocks on each side keeping it in the ground nicely.. may sound paranoid.. but come on.. they're BEARS plus u got kids an stuff and your wife seems terrifyed of them.. prolly wouldnt need an electric fence.. but.. maybe nice ;)

Well when we build the fence its gonna be anchored in real well with some concrte with some positive in it( i did some time at a plant)

cures it real strong(like the barriers on the highway)

She is a bit umm ahh?? by it,

I am intreaged by it,

Its not something you see so close in life that aften(well except here??)

but a bit nerve racking for the kids sake but just need to be more diligent is all

And the lap dog hes on the prowl noww,Have noticed his snout goes mile high when something around the area.

He almost sleeps on the back deck since (being the god boy he is) watching for us:cool:

But do need to take care when pulling in at dusk ,but also keeps one more aware of whats going on.

;)

Guest 510kamikazifreak
true true, never can be too careful with that kinda thing

For sure,you know we all watch for human preditors,But wildlife ones we tend to ingnore.

ahh ill never be in harms way ,but you never know;)