Remove instrument cluster from 1977 620 pickup?

Joshua

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Joshua said:

😣

My first datsun as of July 2019..want to remove instrument cluster  cover w/out having to remove the dashboard..need to get behind  cluster to wiring..anybody have a good discriptive video or link?, my new manual isn't helpful, don't  know  if an original one would  be more descriptive..trying to get to the constant hot red w/yellow trace in order to illuminate dome light..BIG job I know..Thanks  anyone 

18 minutes ago, Joshua said:

😣

Headlight, wiper switch pull all the way out, grip low on the stem with needle nose pliers and hold tight. Push knob in towards the dash and twist to remove.

Don't forget to unscrew the cigar lighter socket, radio knobs.

Once the cluster is loose push some of the speedometer cable into the cab so it can move towards the steering wheel and you can reach up behind ans unscrew it.

• Like 1

cool, so I've removed both, the headlight and wiper switch, raidio knobs and the three (3) screws up above the clock, speedometer and the third (3rd) one..I have NOT removed the cigarette lighter yet..With the exception of the speedometer cable, are there NO other fasteners on the Lower part of the instruments ?..It sure seems like it but I'll remove the cigar lighter and do what you say w/the speedometer cable..thank you datzenmike..