new source for 410/411 windshield gaskets?

reza

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The closest I have seen is stock windshield rubber in the JCWhitney catalog.  It comes in several sizes for sheet metal and glass thicknesses but is straight stock, so corner cutting, gluing and fit is up to the buyer.  It comes with a center plug insert so glass and body metal fitting is easier and an accompanying insert pushes the gasket and seals the body and glass fit up.  They at one time had chrome finished trim insert but no longer offer it.  Good luck !  I have had good luck repairing my gaskets by carefully trimming deteriorated gasket to glass with a new sharp Xacto knife.  Scrub the exposed rubber and the glass with white distilled vinegar and an old toothbrush as a primer and build up the gasket to glass with black RTV.  A  wet finger and it looks like the real thing.  It has kept my RL411 leak proof for 52 years with the original glass.

• 9 months later...

CA Hockett (admin of YahooGroups EarlyDatsunClub) has repro gaskets (aka weatherstrip in the parts catalog) for the front windshield and rear tail gate glass.

PM me for his email address.

And, yes, I realize this thread is from Aug 2019.

Edited by ppeters914
  • 4 weeks later...