1976 Datsun 620 Tail Lights

H20doctor

So i am installing new tail lights from Ebay ... got the set up from the Philippines ...   Here is the question ...

Main plug  Has 4 wires .. black (ground)...  Green...    Green/white..   Red

the New set up Has 4 Bulbs ...  As of now the Green wire runs the brake and turn signal ... Red wire ?  green/white ?   no clue

both the turn signal and 1 of the brake red sections come on at the same time when applying the brakes and using the turn signal ... I know I can run 12 volts to the back red side markers for my night time running Red rear tail light.  

So here is the question ....

I want the Amber Orange turn signals  to come On separately when i use my turn signals ... I know this needs to be done  Up on the steering Column  somewhere on the turn signal soldier board..

How do Isolate the trurn signal wire to not be shared with the Brake Light ?

thanks

48460422756_d5b61d0267_b.jpgIM

48460581717_537593fd56.jpg

48460430376_6b4c12e10c.jpg

48460572732_0d693cd588.jpg

Edited by H20doctor
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this is possible.The steering column switch disconnects the brake signal on the side that is turning, allowing the flasher to work. You would need to bring wires from both amber lamps up to the front and connect to the front signal wires. Then remove the switch in the column that disconnects the brakes. The 620 uses two brake light bulbs. (both shared with the signal when not used) Now you will have less light when signaling or braking and no back up if one burns out.   

13 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I don't think this is possible.The steering column switch disconnects the brake signal on the side that is turning, allowing the flasher to work. You would need to bring wires from both amber lamps up to the front and connect to the front signal wires. Then remove the switch in the column that disconnects the brakes. The 620 uses two brake light bulbs. (both shared with the signal when not used) Now you will have less light when signaling or braking and no back up if one burns out.   

So what Is the red Wire For off the Tail light Plug ?  reverse Light

Also another question .... What If i ran a spliced wire Off of the Turn signal Flasher .. Under the Dash ... The Silver 3 Pronged Cylinder .... theres Got to be a way to re route a Blinker voltage signal ...

Red/Black stripe is reverse lamps.

Running a wire to the flasher? how would it know L from R? Connect each side to the front signals. (Green/Black is right and Green/Red is left) What ever the front does the rears would now do without the brake interfering.

23 hours ago, datzenmike said:

You would need to bring wires from both amber lamps up to the front and connect to the front signal wires. Then remove the switch in the column that disconnects the brakes. The 620 uses two brake light bulbs. (both shared with the signal when not used) Now you will have less light when signaling or braking and no back up if one burns out.   

...but the brake and signal would be separate.

6 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Red/Black stripe is reverse lamps.

Running a wire to the flasher? how would it know L from R? Connect each side to the front signals. (Green/Black is right and Green/Red is left) What ever the front does the rears would now do without the brake interfering.

...but the brake and signal would be separate.

i would assume since the flasher is 3 pronged .... 1 tab is voltage in .... the other 2 tabs are left and right ...

yep .... I know ..sorry guys

So has anyone done a different type of Turn signal conversion for the 620 truck ?  using some other type of Flasher , or re wire Set up from the steering Column ? 

Edited by H20doctor
spelling
On 8/10/2019 at 7:01 PM, H20doctor said:

yep .... I know ..sorry guys

So has anyone done a different type of Turn signal conversion for the 620 truck ?  using some other type of Flasher , or re wire Set up from the steering Column ? 

Could you just delete the brake trigger from going through the turn signal switch? Then you can just run a single wire from the pedal switch to the brake lights.... 

I would think the turn signals would flash properly since it would never see the brake signal..... 

• 2 weeks later...

so i figured out what im going to do to have the new rear lights all work... I went to Vetco in Bellevue and bought 2 switches .... im going to mount one for the left signal and the other for the right Inside the turn signal steering column... the turn signal lever will trip the switch, then thrown that voltage into a flasher , then out of the flasher to the rear signal lamp