BLACK VINYL DODGE NEON SEATS IN MY 720

dhp123166

0?ui=2&ik=2577d01add&attid=0.0&permmsgid

So having gone a few years with Dodge Neon cloth seats in my truck and really enjoying the comfort...

...I scored these at a Salvage yard yesterday. I have been waiting for these, I knew they were out there, just never have seen a pair.

They are in really nice shape and I forgot how nice it is to ride on vinyl or leather.

Plus the headrests are finally functional!

And as always....a direct bolt in!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There they are!

Yeah, those ARE nice. The trouble with small trucks is the newer seats tend to be thicker front to back. Helps to have an extended cab so there's room to roll them back enough for leg room.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

They do look good but how is leg clearance between the front of the seat and the steering wheel? How tall are you and what is your clearance to the headliner? They do look a little higher than stock 

My legs slightly rub on the steering wheel and I fit in the vehicle just fine. I am 5' 9" and "stocky". I knew the ride height was a little taller because don't forget I already had cloth Neon seats in my rig for at least 4 years or so.

There is no comparison in the comfort of these seats versus the harsh stock spring seat ride.

• Like 1

Actually, I just took a ride and my legs do not rub on the steering wheel at all.

It is tight but one thing I do remember is that over time, the foam in these seats compresses and the ride height gradually decreases.

I have to agree with Mike though, not sure if these would work in a regular cab 720.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, dhp123166 said:

There is no comparison in the comfort of these seats versus the harsh stock spring seat ride.

Evolution. The 620s were worse and the 521 was a church pew. Seats have come a long way in almost 40 years you have to expect this. I have Subaru seats in my 710.

• Like 1

Those look like leather. 👍

I paid $40 a pair, leather and electric adjusting. They did not just bolt in. I wanted something easy to get in and out of and comfortable and after 12 hours of driving infinitely adjustable.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 7/29/2019 at 11:14 AM, dhp123166 said:

And before I forget, I paid the low low price of $29.99 each from my local salvage yard.

Hey, I'm just double checking with you. These Neon seats bolt right up in the 720 kingcab???  The front mounts fold over and align and mount up exactly? Same with the rear mounts on the floor?  I'm sure that all Neons were probably the same, but year was yours?  I pulled some Rodeo seats last week when seats were on sale for $15, but they were the older Rodeo, so holes were off beyond what a simple mod could fix.  PickNPull only does credit or exchange, no refunds, so was hoping to get right on my trip back this weekend.  Your help and reply is GREATLY appreciated.  My 51 yr old back and rear end need new seats LOL  Thanks!!!

• Like 1

Yes and yes. Not sure of the year Neon they were from. The different years of Neons I have seen at the yards all seem to have the same seat rail configurations.

If you have not read my other Neon seat post, the condensed version of it is;

"Seat holes will match mounting holes but may need to be hogged out in order to not strip mounting hardware."

• Like 2