Route 66 JDM Classic Williams AZ Oct 4-6, 2019

KELMO

Charlie may show up in a SWDP shirt, but he's gonna leave in DCDC shirt(smiley emoji here).

I told Greg last year that if it weren't for our wives, he and I would be useless. Becky does a killer job.

We spent most of the day yesterday in the hangar cleaning vehicles, packing what we could, and staging what we couldn't pack. And, as luck would have it, we are trying to adopt a 7 month old Husky puppy out of Cali. If all goes well the puppy will come home with us from Williams.

Can't wait to see everybody again

• Like 2
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The weatherman sez rain in New Mexico on Friday, but sunny in Arizona Friday and Saturday.

So the weather should be good this year at the show, but I have a feeling I am going to have to clean the car when we arrive on Friday.

Meh, I'll just show her dirty.

• Like 2

Charlie, don't be silly.

Yes of course I am bringing Hot Wheels. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 700 of them. Lots of Datsuns, some Mopar, some Chevy, some Ford, and a few Tomica/Tomy things.

Hell, there may even be some original Redlines. We will have some T shirts also but not too many as it is hard to sell a shirt that has New Mexico all over it in Arizona.

So, you're really gonna be there this year?  Are you bringing your dog?

• Like 4
18 hours ago, KELMO said:

Charlie, don't be silly.

Yes of course I am bringing Hot Wheels. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 700 of them. Lots of Datsuns, some Mopar, some Chevy, some Ford, and a few Tomica/Tomy things.

Hell, there may even be some original Redlines. We will have some T shirts also but not too many as it is hard to sell a shirt that has New Mexico all over it in Arizona.

So, you're really gonna be there this year?  Are you bringing your dog?

Yes I will be there.  Leaving Friday night hitchhiking! LOL    I haven't done that since my teens, just kidding.   I should be there aroung 10 am Saturday.   I would love to bring Gracie but she will not behave.  She is wild and will not listen.

• Like 1

charlie69:  you gotta be careful hitch hiking these days, to many crazy people....

well i was planning on going but my olde english bulldog pups had surgery today and have to wear the dreaded cone of shame for 2 weeks and no one here to take care of them tomorrow so to all going have fun and safe travels. cant wait to see pix.

• Like 1

This show had a great turn out.  Visited with many old friends and meet many new ones.  There was many trucks this year and some other Japanese cars, Mazda, Honda, and even an early right hand drive Suzuki 4x4 that was only 48" wide.  There s was a really neat pink and white fade Nissan Figaro.

Nissan Figaro

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

This show had a great turn out.  Visited with many old friends and meet many new ones.  There was many trucks this year and some other Japanese cars, Mazda, Honda, and even an early right hand drive Suzuki 4x4 that was only 48" wide.  There s was a really neat pink and white fade Nissan Figaro.

Nissan Figaro

The Figaro is my wife's car. She loves that thing and drives it every day. We put 500 miles on it getting to and from the show, top speed was about 60-65mph. She was floored at winning the award.

• Like 2

Aaron, your wife is pretty cool. She hung out a bit at the booth and even bought some Hot Wheels.

This year's show was one of the best since the start of it 9 years ago. Greg and Becky (mostly Becky) did an outstanding job. There were many cart/trucks there that had not been there before and some cars that have been there almost every year and  it turned out to be a really good mix of people and cars.

It was great to see old friends and meet new ones. I actually took pics this year and as soon as I can get them transferred and blah, blah, blah, I will get some posted. 

• Like 3

Thank you all that came out. It was nice to see old friends & meet new ones. Very good time 

and fantastic weather. That Figaro was cool. Well deserving of an award. Now we want to

know, is the top a canvas or hard top. Charlie69 & I want to know.

Chopper Jim

• Like 2

Not sure I got a full on pic of the Figaro, but I did get some others.

Got there Friday, unloaded, and found this 620 parked by the coupe

UC7oJvA.jpg

Some others.....

yofm9BM.jpg

y38eCqW.jpg

H8mDuO1.jpg

Kf5l3YD.jpg

9ArlBBW.jpg

Chopper Jim and Missus Kelmo @ the Hot Wheels booth

oZHxGMm.jpg

6arT0qa.jpg

more to follow as time permits.