Bluebird Sports

Tedman

Some time ago I came across this Nissan promotional photo set for the Bluebird Sports model. This is a set of four black and white 5x7" prints that came in a Nissan envelope. Below are scans of the envelope and photos.  It looks like the Sports is based on the 4-dr Deluxe but with Sports grille and trunk badges, and perhaps Sports model specific grille and tail lamp garnish. I'm not enough of a JDM Bluebird nut to know what else is specific to this model, but I do know that I'd really love to have this car in my personal Dream Garage.

The Nissan News Flash envelope:

hWUG3Cy.jpg

Exterior photos:

xyEG6X5.jpg

mx3t5jw.jpg

qJMXRkm.jpg

Interior shot. I'm digging that carpet style.  Also, it looks like the plastic dash closeout under the temp/fuel gauge has come loose. Oops...   

T1nZkfI.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching bluebird sales in Japan for years and have yet to see a "SPORTS" adorned model offered up. (that I remember)

Was it an actual stand-alone model or a collection of dealer installed trim?

Odd clash between the DeLuxe badging and the Sports badging.

Edited by carterb

Beats me. Spreadbury would probably know for sure. Pretty sure it was a distinct trim level for at least one model year since they had those grille and trunk badges.  

I had a "sports" badge on the trunk lid of my Sunny sedan.  Don't think the car actually had the option, but the badge was correct, and it was the only one I've ever seen.

I'm thinking that hounds tooth carpet might only be on the trans tunnel similar to the 1200's.

That grill badge is nice..

I also see the hood doesn't quite line up with the front fenders.  The front of the hood sticks out past the fenders.

Edited by Duncan

I think the SPORTS is the trim level below the SSS. I thought it was offered in the Coupe as well, but I can only find SSS Coupes in my brochures.

Looking in my JDM Brochures it looks like it goes:
Bluebird 1300 STANDARD

Bluebird 1600 STANDARD

Bluebird Deluxe
Bluebird SPORTS

Bluebird SSS

So here's the page for the SPORTS model.  It sits after the Deluxe page and before the SSS page.

Google translate says:

ueinN power disc play! The sporty individuality> The ideal highway sedan to go on in a class <new appearance! A sporty sedan with an attractive force-Newly designed front grille and deep single cap 0. H. C. 1600 cc 92 hp engine with deep design. Emblem of “SPORTS”. Beautiful SSS Thailand top speed 155km / h. The dignified change lever, such as the wheel cap on the left side, is just below the high end. The mission is an appearance reminiscent of the high-speed way performance of the highway. A fully-changed, densely designed instrumental overtaking 4-speed full sync of "Spar" and "Kamaru Warner type". Set the tachometer on the front wheel and the disct. Equipped with a seat design. The dynamic atmosphere and the mood of the room as well as the dynamic charm are gorgeous please. It is a new type that has the Daigo taste of highway drive. You can enjoy it in minutes.

Take that translation for what you want LoL

I really need to go get a new scanner and carve out some time to getting these scanned and put into the ad campaign thread I started forever ago.

hWVNfE2.jpg

Edited by BrandonS