Driver-side plastic interior panel below the dash

spddm0n

Is there a supposed to be a plastic interior panel that goes underneath the dash (below the steering column - not the steering column plastic), and runs from the driver-side kick panel to the center console?  I think I might be missing something there.

I noticed there are a few mounting tabs as though something is supposed to mount to them.  I had a similar issue on the passenger side, and I found the little "shelf" that goes there.  I couldn't find any interior pics online with a good angle to show this area. 🙂

Thanks!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow!  Crazy!  That does help!  Thank you!

Looks like I'm not missing anything...just some bolts/screws holding in the air vent tube and one actual dash mounting tab. 🙂

Thanks!!

• Like 1
12 hours ago, DrvnDrvr said:

There is a lower driver side dash cover. Available on ST models. In this pic it is upside down.

Interesting!!!  When I bought the truck, there was something similar to that in the back of the King Cab, but I could not figure out how it mounted up.  It was also discolored, so I wasn't sure it actually bolted to the truck anywhere.

Does anyone have an ST truck showing this piece installed?

• Like 1
On 7/17/2019 at 7:54 PM, DrvnDrvr said:

0717191940b.thumb.jpg.690becb3e759e15c98c468d7d2942bcd.jpg0717191940a.jpg

The piece pictured above under the dash is a metal piece.  They look nice but are a time looser if you need under the dash on the drivers side.  I pull mine off and never put them back on.  Just me.