Clips to hold the grille on

spddm0n

Anyone know if there is a place to locate these (aftermarket)?  I found the two on the ends at Nissan, and there are only 6 left (anywhere in the country) for the two middle clips.  Where do you get these once they are no longer available at Nissan?  I could not find the right fit in the big box auto stores.

Edited by spddm0n
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, weldingrod said:

Do you have pictures of the parts you are talking about?

I have one broken clip that goes in the middle of the grille (attached to the radiator support).  I think it's missing one of the three prongs (the one on the top).  The three prong side seems to be the part that attaches to the grille.  The other side is missing one of the two prongs that holds the clip into the radiator support.

Nissan PN: 62322-10W00

ekSBlyql.jpg

XVnUaaQl.jpg

Ikojfrvl.jpg

It looks like the two end clips are more readily available.  There are a variety of other Nissan vehicles still utilizing the same clips. 🙂

It looks like this...

Nissan PN: 62318-01W00

yn7Z7txl.jpg

ddqVQETl.jpg

Edited by spddm0n
  • Thanks 1

OK, so obviously none of those clips hold the bumper on. To get the proper part you need to know what you are describing. Some of those appear to be generic to many applications and you may be able to find them at an auto supply store, others probably not cost effective to make and not available anywhere outside of a wrecking yard.

I’m so embarrassed. I wrote “bumper” and meant “grille”. Ugh. Sorry for the co fusion. I was thinking about the front bumper also. I have modified the title to reflect the correct part in question. 🙂

What was the part # for the first part. The lower retainer can be found through Winzer Corp. 3 different part #'s.

Napa & Carquest & Autozone can get them if not in stock.

Chopper Jim

1 hour ago, Chopper Jim said:

What was the part # for the first part. The lower retainer can be found through Winzer Corp. 3 different part #'s.

Napa & Carquest & Autozone can get them if not in stock.

Chopper Jim

Thanks Jim -

I just went to Napa. They can’t get them. AutoZone might be able to. I’ll check. I know I can get the retainer (clip) in the lower image from Nissan for $2 each. NissanPart Number: 62318-01W00. These seem to be used in other Nissan vehicles still on the road. 

The part number for the retainer (clip) in the first image is: 62322-10W00. Normally I find this stuff around the world on Partsouq.com, but that site has no info on this clip.

It just seems like somebody probably made these back in the day, besides Nissan. 

Ill look further into Winzer. Maybe I can buy them direct. :)

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Chopper Jim said:

spddmOn you might check part # 62318-01w00. Looks like still available through Nissan, and looks the same to me.

Should be able to buy from Winzer direct.

Chopper Jim

Thanks.  I picked up two today.  These clips fit very strange.  I couldn't figure it out at first.  Nissan was suggesting there might be "receptacles" that are required to press into the radiator support, in order to accept these clips.  There was some additional part number confusion, initially, that supported this suggestion.  Turns out, the online references were incorrect (shocker...information on the internet isn't accurate :)).  I think the part they confused as a "receptacle" is actually a small grommet that goes on to the little "feet" that protrude from the bottom of the grille, supporting the grille from the bottom.

I was so lost, I was staring at a grille I have for one of my Xterras (hanging on the wall in my shop), when I noticed the same square pattern for mounting that grille on the Xterra. I went and looked at the clips in the radiator support of the Xterra.  Almost the exact same shape clip (there is a third support "leg" on the Xterra clips), but I could more easily see how these clips are "twisted" into place.  No wonder they must all break when they get old and brittle.

Either way, mission accomplished (at least for the two on the ends).  The two in the middle must be ordered and will take some time to get.

fFJgftXl.jpg

hiQzu5kl.jpg

• Like 2
On 7/11/2019 at 10:48 PM, Charlie69 said:

Do you have the upper clips and the bottom cups part numbers?  I need to buy enough for 2 grills.

Yeah, part numbers are are.  BTW - I went to the salvage yard yesterday and pulled a whole bunch of clips from Nissan Xterras, Pathfinders, and HArdbody (D21's).  After paying $2ea at Nissan for the exact 720 clips (though they are the wrong color - I think they should have been black, not grey), I pulled the clips from my Xterra's and they are almost exactly the same and should fit just fine.  I'd try that out first before paying retail for this stuff.  I found that most of the clips stayed in the back of the grille's, so if the grille has been removed from the vehicle, check there first.  It's a really weird "twist" fit into the back of the grille to install them.

The "upper" clips (the ones on the outside edges) is PN: 62318-01W00

yn7Z7txt.jpg

The two clips in the middle...PN: 62322-10W00

ekSBlyqt.jpg

The little "cups"/"grommets" on the bottom of the grille (on the little feet) is PN: 62381-01W00 (alternate PN: 62380-U7400)

**NOTE:  The images of this part show something different than what I have on my grille.  My grille has small condom-like covers over the hard plastic feet on the bottom of the grille.  The part number here shows a small socket/receptacle that appears to snap into the lower support and "receives" the hard plastic feet.  I was not able to find the little condom-like grommets I have anywhere.  I need one too. 🙂

wjTQFtPm.jpg

Also, here is a link to the front grille info on the '85 720 King Cab, 4X4, Federal Emission vehicle.  It's a good website to navigate part numbers.

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/unit?c=Nissan&ssd=%24*KwHP--ryt4iQzqiyyIjxyZeDo6S6y8TJyNrJ35m8gNiQm5jbnvGUt96mh4OJkp3k0ZSQlZ_Yx83Ly5CGlJCbmNjH3rHbiIjDnt7B2MvOyNnlmoffgYWMlJi7gobP19_G26HfzaSyi-n3v97X2t_OpKOWnpTR3NnJorij24iKlMmjvc_f0NvbkfX6srK82NHc2c_7nuG53tfa38ukv-HulKDQ29iUiNnDhIjmvK66t9_Q29vJ2ZTH3NnNz8zZ1YSI05uK2cDdzcnAiIqUkI6Snt_G29vx-ZSAAAAAANeW0_E%24&vid=0&cid=10&uid=476175&q=

EyJ8TfYl.jpg

• Like 2