Junkyard misc install?

Angeldust720

Hi! Yesterday I went to the junkyard and got the B pillar king cab plastic covers for my 720, of course I ripped them off becuase I only need the king cab emblem but got them anyways, ($3.00)

so maybe today i might install them and I need instructions on how to take the OG ones off and install them back on, I also got a new steering wheel column off the junkyard 720 and I also need help on installing that one too becuase mine is scratched a lot. ($6.00) oh and i got a new glove box too since mine is flimsy but the new one has the dumb fake wood on it and I’m thinking about taking that off too but is there like the base model plastic under there or just holes?

(Pulled off a 1983-ish Nissan 720 King Cab ST 2WD)

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While in the junkyard you should have looked at how they came off so you could take yours off without ripping. Pick-n-pull yards are a real learning experience.

Just my opinion.

Chopper Jim 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The wood grain on the give box front is glued on, but there's also holes around the edge to the back, where there are tabs folded over to the back side. Once that's off it'll be obvious something is missing from that spot, as the section is a little recessed from the rest of the glove box door.

• Like 1

The 'KING CAB' emblem is removable but unclear if it clips on or is glued on with double sides tape. Probably tape. I always use a butter knife for removing emblems.

If you removed the column 'clam shell' you already know how it goes together. I imagine you got the 4 way flasher switch with it? It just plugs into the car harness. The clam shell just wraps around the column and ignition switch and screws together.

I think the wood grain was only on the ST model. I liked it and put a 720 dash in my 620...

2seccAv.jpg

• Like 2