Project Dajiban

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/27/2020 at 3:50 PM, datsunfreak said:

If you're on Chrome, they made an update you need to undo. And I know how that's going to end...  😁

So... no more Ratsun for me.  Got it.  Smell y'all later.

35 minutes ago, goes2fast said:

Just switch to Firefox and no more problems! 😎

Ya'll don't understand how just how much of a Luddite Tim is.   😄

Fixing the problem with Chrome is easier and quicker than downloading Firefox, and he ain't doing that, so...

Edited by datsunfreak
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, datsunfreak said:

Ya'll don't understand how just how much of a Luddite Tim is.   😄

Fixing the problem with Chrome is easier and quicker than downloading Firefox, and he ain't doing that, so...

🤣🤣🤣

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tim wanted to make a shelf for the mattress to rest on when retracted into the sofa position, so we did...

large.20201223_174732.jpg.77138d7fbe1226

We got some speaker box covering material and attached it to the top of the deck, and wrapped the new shelf in it. As you can see there's a support in the middle, and it's screwed to the tops of the speaker boxes on the sides. It seems to blend well, and is fairly stiff, so it could also be used as a shelf for putting things on when the bofa is down in bed mode. 

• Like 1

Also, keen eyed observers can see the bass tube is no longer back there. We moved it up to the front, just behind the driver's seat. Tim wanted some more boom whilst driving. 😁

On the underside of the deck, we mounted one of these instead. It seems to provide ample bass to the house stereo (not as much as the tube, but enough). 

• 2 weeks later...

Tim swapped in a bigger tach, and added a shift light...

large.20210113_165425.jpg.6a4b9d5e517d41

With the new gears, it turns out the speedo is kinda way off. When it says 80mph, you are really going 70mph. So hopefully next time we are there we are going to try and swap out the speedo pinion with one that has more teeth to fix it...

• Like 1
4 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

Tim made a little gooseneck adapter thing to realign the shift knob to vertical...

20210116_110511.jpg

20210116_133325.jpg

4 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

And he wanted me to show you his bumper sticker...

20210116_133336.jpg

I can see these pictures!  I guess I will come back and play with y'all again.

• Haha 2

So one of the reasons I built all of that camper crap in the back of a Dajiban was... well, I had it.  But, the reason I had it was I was going to install it in the Statutory Grape.  Aaaaand, the reason I bought it for the Statutory Grape was AT&T U-recTV doesn't have the MeTV channel.  "Do whut?" I hear you asking.  MeTV has a show called Svengoolie on Saturday night.  Svengoolie (a character created by "comedian" Rich Koz out of Chicago) shows old Universal horror movies interspersed with bad skits and really bad puns.  I love it.  I decided that a TV, in a van, with a sofa, would allow me to watch Svengoolie.  Of course, I totally forgot this reason until tonight when I finally sat in the back of the Dajiban and watched "The Creature from the Black Lagoon" and groaned at all the horrible, no I mean REALLY horrible, "jokes" Svengoolie throws out.

Edited by dimlight65
comma and hyphen
  • Like 2