☆ S i c x T e n ☆

Finally after years I was able to find a 610 sedan and to my surprise me and a friend were able to go halves on a pair of 610s that were up for sale from a great owner named Russell.  He had a bamboo colored 73 610 wagon with a SR20DET done 10 years ago years after he got the 74 Sedan which his gf at the time drove and were a pair for years.  My sedan had been almost done from the body shop but some disagreement between the previous owner and the body shop put a stop to finishing it.  It runs a L16 with a 5 speed for now and since it had been sitting over a year in storage in bare metal state of course some surface rust happened but no big deal.  My buddy Carlos helped me get it back on the road after replacing the alternator going to one auto parts store to another to coming back to the storage to find my perfectly good hood dented.  After driving it from Sunnyvale to Modesto it got a flat got help from the Datslocos guys for a spare wheel to get me to Modesto, then the radiator cap shot coolant all over.  Next morning we replaced the water pump, new radiator cap, filled it up, and ended getting new tires all around.  After getting the suspension adjusted a little from being so low the U-Joint didn't like the camber little shaky on the highway raise it just a hair.  I made it all the way from Modesto to Mt. Shasta when the radiator got clogged up hill...shit.  was able to get help filled the radiator up drove it a couple miles to a gas station and spent the last 1.5hrs unclogging it as much as I could.  Luckily I was able to only stop a few more times till it was smooth sailing to Medford.  

Anyway here is it is, the rest of body work & paint is going to get done soon as i can sell off a few datsuns and most definitely going to swap a KA24DE for now till I figure out what I really want in it.  Not bad car at all custom coilovers with S13 front camber plates, front roll center adjusters, & custom QA1 coilovers in the rear.  Only issue I need to fix now is it's getting oil in the radiator but luckily not in the engine.

NiITztP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EQnRb2d.gifv

Edited by ArchetypeDatsun
  • Like 7
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys I really am thankful the previous owner cared so much for both cars.  I am happy that the sedan was almost done in paint so in reality I can make it my own and paint it the color I want.  I am going to be switching from U-Joints over to CV Axles and most likely a Subaru STI 4.11 R180 LSD diff.

Does anyone know how to source subframe bushings for these?  I need both that are right above the diff they are pretty much gone.  Few odd end pieces like gauges might go with the black face gauges as it has the blue ones really want the rare 72.5 rpm gauge instead of the clock.  

Lights will be updated maybe BMW projectors and keep the classic look not much of a fan of the newer stuff since I've done the led headlights on other of my datsuns just doesn't quite look that great.

• Like 1
On 7/7/2019 at 12:05 AM, Spoona_Jay21 said:

Follow you on Insta, I am assuming Carlos got the Wagon? Saw he picked up a wagon matching your description! Excited to see the progress on both! 

Yes sir we been drooling over the pair for years the good thing is the previous owner declined a buyer for both after he was told they would be put back to stock.  

• Like 2
On 7/7/2019 at 7:15 AM, BrothersGarage said:

Shit, I'd say strip the passenger fender, grab a hood and strip that too, then clear the entire car and beat the shit out of the KA. 

Looks awesome and great story to start off a new build!

You know I thought about it, but I don't usually come across a lot of cars I can make my own especially ones that are pretty straight and pretty much ready for paint.  I've had my share of ratty datsuns in my day this one is in good enough shape I really want to paint it.  

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/25/2019 at 7:03 AM, BrothersGarage said:

Aww, I am diggin the raw metal look. What did you use to preserve it so it's not rusting - or has it just not set in?

Excited to see where it goes! What color have you decided on?

I haven't done nothing to the body and I actually have rinsed it with water but dried it up pretty quickly.  It hasn't got humid or cold enough but then again it sits in the garage all the time when I'm not driving it.  

I really wanna pour the money on this one trading my 77 200sx for body work and paint and as for paint is going to be midnight purple.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Overdue for an update.

Car is at the body shop also been getting some parts I need for the 610 so I will be posting more pics.

Today thanks to @mhub91 and his dad for driving all the way down and dropping off the LZ23 I bought from him.  

So now the plan is to get the head ported and get an aggressive cam.  I'm going with a CAS Dizzy, Haltech 550, and GSX-R 750 ITBs for the moment being.  I want something turn key and reliable, but also super fun and quick.  

qJ4iZ35.jpg

rSabavr.jpg

7h13OQI.jpg

The header I've had for years so I think it's a good time to put it to use.  

Mtc5vzl.jpg

I'm really stoked for this project can't wait to get it all together and start driving it.  Hoping this whole rona crap passes soon.

Edited by ArchetypeDatsun
  • Like 2
  • 5 months later...

So Friday I had to pick up my 610 from the shop since the guy that was gonna do the work decided to change his mind.  I was originally gonna trade my 77 200sx for the body and paint for the 610 now he rather have cash.  Kinda sucks since I had been waiting 8 months to have it done and morning happened. 

PXL_20201010_000422515.jpg

• Like 1