Datsun 620 (s?) in distress

This is *NOT* my idea. A 'special' neighbor invoked a "County Code Violation", e.g. inoperable vehicles.

We're in East TN, Apparently never enforced unless "reported". I found the county can SIEZE the trucks... if I'm "Too Slow getting them scrapped".

Have spare parts as well, couple GOOD (with glass) 620 doors, an L20B engine (inside house) ... 

MIGHT be able to get the '77 (Camo) truck running, it's a very nice build (crane cam, holley carb, headers etc) L20B. Broken wrist, dunno if I can afford the work. 

Certain the dually I can't afford to make it go.

ANY ideas // help welcome. 

Sincere Thanks

vw

Dkj9U.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you trying to keep them and they are forcing you to part with them?

Is it possible move them out of view and/ or secure them with a garage type structure or even fence them in so they cant be seen?

Or would that even matter to the county...

Shame people cant leave others alone..... 

• Like 1

Well if selling, it should go here... https://ratsun.net/classifieds/category/5-datsun-vehicles/

Pull them more out of sight and cover with a (geen or camo) tarp or put them under cover in shed or lean-to. Important that they not be visible from the road or neighboring houses. I understand the county code on abandoned/wrecked vehicles is to prevent eye sore neighborhoods and loss of neighboring property values. Go to the county and see what is needed to be done to avoid this. It might be something simple. Pretty sure this can't be enforced on an insured vehicle, though this would be expensive.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Well if selling, it should go here... https://ratsun.net/classifieds/category/5-datsun-vehicles/

THANK YOU... 

Sadly, they've gotten urban-fussy here. In spite of cows grazing across road. Tarp or any "low budget" means of eye wash won't fly. Got to be within a built to code "Auxilliary Structure". 

Only reason selling is to fund repairs to last running truck I got (D21)

43 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

They have been using drones around here, even if they are behind walls. Been lucky so far with mine. Just in the yard behind chain link fence.

Nothing covering them. Maybe being here 25 years helps.

Chopper Jim

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...