derekg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tell her that thousands of people survived crashes with just lap belts, a lot more than people who rode in the pre- seat belt era.

Or buy her a giant teddy bear to put on her lap.

In all seriousness, it has been 35 years since I owned a 411, and don't remember if there are any bolt points on the B pillar to attach shoulder belts to....

17 hours ago, G-Duax said:

Tell her that thousands of people survived crashes with just lap belts, a lot more than people who rode in the pre- seat belt era.

Or buy her a giant teddy bear to put on her lap.

In all seriousness, it has been 35 years since I owned a 411, and don't remember if there are any bolt points on the B pillar to attach shoulder belts to....

Don't know and unwilling to tear my RL411 apart out of curiosity.  That being said, some 411 were sold by dealers as 1968 models which by  law were required to have shoulder belts so the attach points may well be hidden in the post between the front and rear doors.

• 9 months later...
14 hours ago, Datsun Dude said:

Have heard you need to weld a pick point into the roof. John Lorio has done this, I think.

Do you know which car he did it on? It would almost have to be his SSS

20 hours ago, Datsun Dude said:

Have heard you need to weld a pick point into the roof. John Lorio has done this, I think.

The roof ??????????  The roof is only held on by spot welds in the rain gutter.  The attach point for any shoulder belts should be the B pillar between the front and rear doors.

I dug into search and found that my post on adding 3-point belts was not as informative as I had hoped, but it does show the aesthetics:

The install is not hard to do. Buy 2 or four of WesCo's 3-point retractable with chrome release:

https://www.wescoperformance.com/3-point-seat-belt-chrome-retr.html

And 2 or four of their 3-point retractable hardware kit:

https://www.wescoperformance.com/3poremokit.html

Remove the B-pillar trim and mount the WestCo upper plate as shown. Not sure why this insists on displaying rotated. Note the two pop rivets for holding it in place. Not 100% necessary, but handy:

411_seatbelt_upper.jpg

Mount the lower L bracket to the floor, an inch or more behind the centerline of the B-pillar to allow the seat to go all the way back. Note I mounted the reel to the upper part of the L and the tongue to the lower part of the L:

411_seatbelt_lower.jpg

Here is a view of the underside of the reel mounting, inexplicably rotated 180 degrees:

411_seatbelt_underside.jpg

I've been using these in my sedan and wagon for many years. The rears are a bit trickier in both cars.

Jesse.