HELP! (The 1983 ONLY Logo)

CicliDevotion

I have a factory light bar on my 1983 4X4 and I am looking to have decals made for the "NISSAN" lettering on the side.

Researching and trying to find the exact style used at the time, I have learned that the logo I need was a transition era version, ONLY used in 1983.

For 1982, trucks still had "DATSUN" embossed across the tail gate...

For 1983, a rounded "NISSAN" appeared:

1983_Datsun_Nissan_710_Pickup_005.jpg

1983_Nissan_Datsun_4x4_Pickup_off_road_a

Then for 1984, the new version with a "squared off" space in the "S" appeared:

nissan+truck.bmp

2543823827_3aa634224d.jpg

Same for the side emblem badges.

1983 (rounded version):

nkk1.jpg

1984 (squared off version):

nissan-datsun-720-pick-up-truck-fender-e

Does anybody have a Vector file of the 1983 version?  Or can you direct me to a good (high contrast) image of it?

• Like 1
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Model years began in June of the previous year so an '83 could be built any time between July and December '82. There's confusion when someone has one built during these months and says they have an '82 when really it's an '83 'Model Year' truck. There were big changes in the 720 around November '82... an '83 model year truck. The engine was changed to the Z24 from the Z22 (there's confusion here about the 4x4 Z22 changing to Z24 in December), dash was re designed with round gauge cluster, front disc brakes made larger with vented rotors, 4x4 rear diff to larger C-200, auto locking hubs and much more...

The DATSUNbyNISSAN fender emblem was retired in October '82 and just NISSAN used from then on. The 'hard' switch from Datsun to Nissan was about this time and covered about 5 years beginning with the 'soft' DATSUNbyNISSAN on '79 620 trucks and cars, and slowly dropping the Datsun marque to Nissan only. The '84 Maxima still had Datsun and Nissan emblems and the latest I could find was the '86 300zx which still had a small Datsun on the rear emblem. 

• Like 1