4X4 Front Corner Marker Lights?

CicliDevotion

I have scoured eBay and Amazon and have not been able to find a pair of OEM (or even  aftermarket) 4x4 front corner lights.  The black trim with the red detail line...

The only pair on eBay has a funky “bubble” in the lens and isn’t the US Market/DOT version I want to run on my truck.

If you know of a source, please share a link!  (Or if you happen to have a SUPER clean pair to sell...even better!)

• Like 1
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NOS would be exceedingly rare to find. This would be a boxed lamp on a dealer's shelf. Stretching the definition of New Old Stock or New Obsolete Stock... perhaps one that was purchased by someone and the part never installed. NOS is as rare as rocking horse shit and like the word JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) used on everything till meaningless. To be JDM it would have to be only sold strictly for domestic use in Japan and brought over here.

OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) is also hard to find as who knows who the Original Equipment Manufacturer was? All of the "new' ones are re-pops from Taiwan or w/e and the quality never as good as an original. These almost always have a counterfeit label and box to go with them. See NOS above. The OEM is never going to re-make these items nor store them for sale for 30+ years as there is certainly no demand for them. Beware of OEM like or OEM quality because like NOS.... they don't exist.

Best bet is to find a nice example in a wrecking yard or on line and paint it up and polish the lens with a buffing wheel.

• Like 1

I have a brand new, in the box OEM from Nissan and a new aftermarket grill...I figure it can’t hurt to first try to find an immaculate passenger side to match.  If I don’t have any luck, I will clean the hell out of what I am currently running.  No harm in looking though!

• Like 1

I used the repops from Taiwan and they got hazy after a few years of sun. My repop side mirrors lost there coatings on the edges and then recently I bumped into one and the plastic mounting base shattered. NOS is possible on ebay, just look at the box they come with. It is hard to fake aged packing materials. I get excited when I get moldy yellowed cardboard parts boxes because they usually contain a quality part that was made before China made everything. I just reread the getting excited over moldy cardboard, I am getting old!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, thisismatt said:

Rare, but not impossible.  I have tons of NOS 521 parts I've collected over the last ~5 years.  I do look at ebay 100 times a day, though...

Exceedingly rare.... but not impossible.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

2wd were chrome, 4x4 were blacked out just like the front bumper. There were pre 10 '82 and post 10 '82 markers for North American 720s.

10 '82 Beginning of the '83 model year, saw a lot of changes on the 720.... no more 4 speeds, improved front brakes, round dash gauges, change to SD25, Z24 and Z20 engines, rear tail lights moved to top rear corners of the box, hood was changed again, 

• Like 1