Fuel line grommet replacement

BB510

What are you folks using as a replacement grommet for the NLA grommet for where the fuel line enters the engine bay in the front right lower corner of the engine bay?

Heard some talk that there is a Jeep sourced grommet that is a decent substitute? I have not had luck so far finding a proper Nissan part.

Thanks!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was something that I used on my 1200 for where the brake lines went through the "body" that was a Nissan part. Do I remember what is was? Hell no. But I will poke around a bit and see if I can figure out what it was I used.

All that being said, let's consider I'm getting a little older these days and tend to forget stuff. Hoping for some garage time this weekend and will do some looking then.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, MikeRL411 said:

Go to Radio Shack and look at their power line chassis feedthru grommets.

Is "Go to Radio Shack" some type of No Longer Available Nissan parts humor? Should I go to Radio Shack on my way to Blockbuster Video?

I don't think Radio Shack exists?

BB510

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think I have found the part # I used before. I ordered one yesterday and it should arrive today.

We'll have a look see when it gets here.

23 hours ago, BB510 said:

Is "Go to Radio Shack" some type of No Longer Available Nissan parts humor? Should I go to Radio Shack on my way to Blockbuster Video?

I don't think Radio Shack exists?

BB510

There' one in my local shopping center !

So what I found most likely will not work as I forgot the hole was oblong not round. But, here are some pics for the hell of it.

pVQzfOZ.jpg

qKu3wtE.jpg

iRgtuSp.jpg

PK6Hi0h.jpg

The last pic is on a car that the PO applied a lifetime supply of bondo. The part is about 4-5 dollhairs and may not work for this particular application but there could be others.