pea soup 521

Recently picked up a 521. This will be my second one, which i am hoping to make more progress on than the last one i owned. A move to the bay area forced me to sell the last one, which i obviously regret at this point. Well enough of the nonsense, here are the pictures. There was some known bondo on the fenders which i plan to attack early on. well see how bad it is. I am still learning as i go, so excuse the dumb questions, ill try to use the search button as best as possible. 

Image-6-16-19-at-4-43-PM.jpg

Image-6-16-19-at-4-43-PM-1.jpg

Image-6-16-19-at-4-43-PM-2.jpg

• Like 6
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep...unique color.....I kinda like it.  Congrats on getting another 521.

Personally, I think I'd drive it, enjoy it as it is while you're getting other items squared away.  It looks good cosmetically, so get all the details and mechanicals fixed first.  I'd do the body work stuff last....or at least later.  Once you start grinding out bondo, you'll open a can of worms that is really hard to come back from.  

• Like 4

Truck is driveable, paint protects from further rust, no worries there.

I seen a newer car driving around with 1 body panel from every factory color offered, was pretty awesome actually.

Looks clean, concentrate on drivetrain/suspension.

• Like 2

Thanks for the love guys,

the reason for attacking the fender is that there was a crack in the bondo that looked pretty bad. popped off a chunk with a screwdriver and well, theres no turning back now. also made some modifications to the shifter. tightened the fork up in a vice, and replaced the cotter pins with nuts and bolts. I just wanted to get it mocked up, so used bolts from around the shop, but plan to replace them with zinc coated hardware. i also replaced one of the flat washers on the upper picot with a lock washer which helped increase tension without binding it. the shifter slop has gone from the size of a basketball to the size of a softball. magical! 

Here are some pics of the fender progress. 

Image-6-16-19-at-4-43-PM-3.jpg

Image-6-16-19-at-4-43-PM-4.jpg

Here are a couple pictures of the shifter 

Image-6-16-19-at-4-43-PM-5.jpg

Image-6-16-19-at-4-43-PM-6.jpg

• Like 5