Needle valve & seat - keep or replace?

CamoKing

My carburetor rebuild has hit a snag.  Could you lend me some expertise with regard to replacing the needle valve and seat??  THank you again for any help.

GHkOG7T.jpgfKriNJZ.jpg

On the left is what the KIT has offered; on the right is what I took off the carb.   It looks like I could use the KIT version.  They are equal in length/ pin to base....But I can't figure how the heck the supplied spring thing fits on it?  Is there some other way of holding that needle in?   

Before I do something awful I need some guidance as to the 'ins & outs' of a needle valve and seat for this Hitachi DCR342 I am trying to rebuild.

Also, is there some place I can get a replacement/new fuel screen??nmd0oeE.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be assuming incorrectly that spring wire is supposed to hold the needle in place.  Maybe it just 'links' the end of the needle with the tab of the float?? 

Set up like this:

3dkvqQb.jpg

Installed like this:

QwVsLPc.jpgxn1jBQK.jpg

Am I headed in the right direction?   Time for a coffee break!!  

• Like 1

Look alright to me. Clipping to the float allows the weight of the float to pull the needle down off the seat when the fuel level drops and also prevents the needle dropping out to the side.

The screen? I just pull them off old carbs. Wasn't there a new one with the rebuild kit??

• Like 1