Powerland 2021.(II) in the books

jbirds510

Too bad this won't happen but honestly as a senior with an underlying lung condition - going out anywhere with the covid-19 still around is not advised. So not sure I could even come if it was on.

Thanks jbirds for handling this and doing a good job of keeping us up to date - I look forward to next year.

• Like 3
  • Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, 4perrev said:

With you there. It’s not like we’re all a bunch of naked acid loving dope smoking crazy freaks on mushrooms running naked by the river. Let people choose what they want to do! And if they want to get together and talk cars, we’ll.....let it be!

Hey now    i live in a van down by the river with my best friend chris farley and NO we are not naked....lol and we like mushrooms especially the shiitake type mushrooms that you get from walmart

Edited by gene knight
  • Like 2

Well if somebody still wants to do something on that weekend, I have room for about 20-25 cars at my house. I’ll even let you camp in my yard. And of course there will be rules, respect my property and neighbors.  My business shop has a decent parking lot for a meet and plenty of places for a fun run.  You’ll just have to drive a little further to Southern Oregon

• Like 9
On 5/19/2020 at 11:24 AM, jbirds510 said:

Got the call yesterday, the official word is, event venue is closed for the rest of the year. That said, Im fairly sure ive locked the same date for next year, will get a confirmation from their office within a week prospectively.

Sorry guys. See you all next year! stay safe stay healthy stay true to yourselves and your principles.

Looking forward to next year buddy, thanks for the effort. 

• Like 2
  • jbirds510 changed the title to Powerland 2020! cancelled

Only way to do something is if someone who owns a pretty good size property invites a small group of people to camp out and keep social distancing (to keep others from snitching) would probably work.  Only way I see having some kind of getaway/car show other than that we can just keep working on our car/trucks till next year.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
4 hours ago, skyblue said:

Is powerlamd 2021? Going to be a thing? I didn’t see a thread for it. 

Hi Mike!

I haven't heard anything about Powerland this year. Similar to California we are still in various stages of lockdown. Fingers crossed we'll start to see some relief in the next few months and places like Powerland can open back up again. We'll see what jbird has to say. I'm sure he knows the status of the venue.

• Like 2

corrupt a-hole newsom says he wants to open up california,  so the whole pandemic /businesses being closed was a political sham/scam since biden is in office instead of trump. i bet if trump was still in office the closure of businesses would still be in effect.  it will be nice to be able to go to shows/swap meets again, i have alot of 620/510/ z/vg30 parts to sell

Edited by gene knight
  • Like 3

Hey guys and gals, as of now the venue is closed and to my knowledge group of 5 or more still brings a 1200 fine per person. The venue isnt willing to do any reservations at this time either. Ill do my best to keep everyone up to date as I find out more info. please, no politics on this thread, tyvm! looking forward to seeing everyone once we get past these frustrating circumstances.

Edited by jbirds510
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • jbirds510 changed the title to Powerland 2021...date pending per state mandate.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are in the same lake with Blue Lake, we are trying to get our normal date all the way in August pinned down, and they are being ridiculous about it :(.  I really hope Powerland and Blue Lake can happen this year. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I was told by one of the guys from the hillsboro area that they trying to make a 2 day show the same days Canby was but without the camping to weed out "those type of people" don't think that show will happen.  One of the guys is brian minor who wants to have it at his shop along with the Z car club.

• Sad 1
32 minutes ago, hobospyder said:

"those type of people"???

like the ones who can't afford to spend the night in a hotel?

or the ones that like to sit and bullshit for hours into the night?

I’m pretty sure by “those type of people” they mean... we’re not invited.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, hobospyder said:

"those type of people"???

like the ones who can't afford to spend the night in a hotel?

or the ones that like to sit and bullshit for hours into the night?

I think it's more like "who the fuck would want to spend a night in a hotel? when it's great camping weather, I've been confined indoors for the past year and I have a year's worth of bullshit stored up" 

• Like 5

We just need to do our own meet in Washington State.  We’re in “phase 3” state wide and can have a 400 person attendance at an outdoor gathering.

I haven’t organized one of these in years, but I’m sure there’s an industrious person who would be willing to sort it out. 

• Like 1
  • jbirds510 changed the title to Powerland 2021.(II) in the books